Hello from Felicity!

Hi and welcome Felicity!

I echo the comments above that for a revision surgery, which are among the most complex of surgeries to perform, it is critical to get a very skilled surgeon with significant revision experience.

DS was one of the best decisions of my life.

Wishing you the best!

Hello and welcome. I hope you have a good experience getting your surgery done. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Hello again!
I have had several conversations with my surgeon since my post, and long discussions with my husband - questioning whether we would move forward with the DS with our relatively unknown surgeon. I've decided to move forward and keep my surgery date as planned. I'll be having my Lap-Band to DS revision done this coming Monday, September 28th.

Today is day 4 of the liquid diet... I have ordered the Vitalady recommended 3-month vitamins... I have all of my ducks in a row (as far as I know).
Right now is just the waiting game... and preparing for my parents to visit and drive along to Dallas with me and my husband for surgery. I don't know what is more stressful: the upcoming surgery in 4 days, or the fact my mother and father will be here in 2 days!

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and again I appreciate the responses thus far. :)

Hello again!
I have had several conversations with my surgeon since my post, and long discussions with my husband - questioning whether we would move forward with the DS with our relatively unknown surgeon. I've decided to move forward and keep my surgery date as planned. I'll be having my Lap-Band to DS revision done this coming Monday, September 28th.

Today is day 4 of the liquid diet... I have ordered the Vitalady recommended 3-month vitamins... I have all of my ducks in a row (as far as I know).
Right now is just the waiting game... and preparing for my parents to visit and drive along to Dallas with me and my husband for surgery. I don't know what is more stressful: the upcoming surgery in 4 days, or the fact my mother and father will be here in 2 days!

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and again I appreciate the responses thus far. :)

Congratulations on your decision. I hope your surgery goes perfectly! Don't worry about taking the vitamins till you are healed enough to be able to take them comfortably. Some of them can be pretty rough on newly ravaged guts. Many people had to tear into those convenient packages to separate out the vitamins they were able to take and save the vitamins that were too hard on their tummy. Just take everything very slow. It will take weeks to months to get on the full vitamin schedule.

I hope your last few days fly by, a liquid diet is no fun!

Your date is almost here. Hang in there, you will be at the hospital before you know it.

Congratulations on your decision. I hope your surgery goes perfectly! Don't worry about taking the vitamins till you are healed enough to be able to take them comfortably. Some of them can be pretty rough on newly ravaged guts. Many people had to tear into those convenient packages to separate out the vitamins they were able to take and save the vitamins that were too hard on their tummy. Just take everything very slow. It will take weeks to months to get on the full vitamin schedule.

I hope your last few days fly by, a liquid diet is no fun!

Thanks @newanatomy! I didn't opt for the pre-packaged ones because I knew I would have to work my way into the regime... I can only imagine how big some of those pills are going to be! Thanks for the well wishes!

Thanks! We are in pre op right now and just waiting waiting waiting. Will update after once I'm awake enough!

Hopefully you are in surgery by now, or better yet, recovering. Wishing you a safe and successful surgery.

Hope all went well w your surgery and that your recovery is speedy and uneventful. Please let us know how you're doing. Welcome to the dark side!

Hello all,
I'm a DS'er now! Everything went ok except the surgeon had a LOT of scar tissue from the band, so surgery took longer (5 hours).
Sitting here in my hospital bed right now- I am allowed 1oz of this reddish protein shake every 15 minutes. Thank goodness, the dry mouth was the worst!
I'm also proud that I fit in my first walk before midnight last night!

Welcome toe the DarkSide, Felicity! Glad to hear you are feeling good enough to walk. Now take it slowly, sip, rest, walk and repeat! Congratulations!!!!

Latest posts

Back