Hello from a reviser from VSG to DS

Mini Me

hello! I had VSG in 2010. Lost really well and down to BMI of 21 in 11 months. Fast forward 3 years and was hit head on by another car. Hurt my back and neck. Between the physical issues and PTSD, gained back every pound between the accident and September 2017.

Testing showed that my stomach has stretched significantly and needed a resleeve. So, had resleeve and Malabsorption portion of DS on 10/10/17. Surgery was 7.5 hours with the addition of gallbladder removal and hiatal hernia repair.

Recovery is much slower than I ever expected. So fatigued and low energy. But every day is getting a little better. I have learned so much from research, but find I have so much more to learn.

Look forward to talking to you.

Welcome aboard! Another Srikanth patient. I hope you can join us for our so far one time Srikanth meetup - I'll be sure to invite you

Well, of course you're exhausted and recovering slowly. You just had a HUGE operation, much more than just a DS, and even that's a big operation. Give yourself a break! Just focus on staying hydrated and moving frequently. Day by day you'll feel better.

hello!

keep hydrating and expect it to be slow - but sure, hopefully. I look forward to hearing more from you. welcome.

Hi and welcome @Mini Me! I'd echo Jackie's thoughts above regarding hydration - it really is critical. Glad you are feeling a bit better every day and wish you a speedy recovery!

Yep, the recovery seemed a lot slower and harder than I expected too. As others said this really is a major surgery that is a shock to the body. Every day it really does get better. I wish surgeons told us that full recovery is 3 months because that is the truth.

Latest posts

Back