Hello All!

Dilbert

Not new to the DS scene but indeed new to the site.
I am 2 years out on my surgery. Lost to my goal and now trying to get my vites straight after my 2 year labs were a mess.
I tried to get surgery for years and years. I kept getting insurance denials. I finally got it done after another emergency surgery was required and my first surgeon ran into a problem and sent a nurse looking for an more experienced surgeon to help out. When I woke up in recovery, the second surgeon told me that his specialty was bariatric and at over 400 lbs, I would greatly benefit from the surgery.I told him that I had been trying to get the surgery for years and kept running into issues with approval.

He said he didn't think it would be an issue after the insurance company got his post surgical report. He had scheduler call me and set me up. I had most of the requirements already out of the way. I think from the time of my emergency surgery to the ds was 67 days. I have no doubt that the DS has saved my life. The 420 lb me was headed for a medical disaster.

Holy Shit!
What a GREAT story!! Your Surgeon is definitely your Angel!!! I know he had some financial incentives too, but, GD, he went way out of his way to advocate for you with the insurance and help make all that happen!! VERY rare indeed, please tell us his name if you can. Congratulations on your new life and welcome to this forum. This is a GREAT place and you should stick around to share your story with others, welcome! Rob

Hi and welcome! Good luck getting back on track with your vits. You're in the right place if you need help with that! Lots of experienced vets on here w great advice.

:welcomeboard:

Welcome! Dogbert is my favorite of the Dilbert comics - used to get the "daily dilbert" on my computer, lol.

Hey Dilbert. Maybe one Vitalady plans can help you. Even if you don't purchase from her but you could check it out and see what you could add, delete, or tweet .

Glad you are here

Latest posts

Back