Hello all

Dawn

I've been approved for a revision from rny to ds finally after 2yrs of red tape. My surgeon is not well known he's only done less then 20 revisions. I know this and it scares me but it's my only option. He does it in 2 stages so I will get the rny reversal and sleeve in one and then the intestines in the second. I've printed off a lot of info from ds facts. I feel like a newbie all over again. I had my rny 7 yrs ago. I welcome any information you are willing to give especially friends. Thank you.

Hi Dawn! Glad you found your way here. 20 prior revisions isn't a huge number, but at least you're not #1. And I have never heard anything negative about your surgeon. We will all be pulling for you.

Larra

Thanks again Larra. My surgeon is Dr hong out of St Joes in Hamilton ontario. Everyone Dr has to do 20 before he can get to 100 :).

Welcome, Dawn!

005.gif

Yes, I knew you were seeing Dr. Hong from another website that shall remain nameless. Resources for revisions of RNY to DS are thin on the ground even in the USA and even more so in Canada, so I'm very glad he has begun doing them. Having it done in 2 stages may not be ideal, but it may be a wise approach for someone who has not done a huge number, and it sure beats not getting it done at all. I'm glad you now have this life changing revision available to you and hope more Canadians will also. Some people do well with RNY, but the failure rate is substantial. The bariatric surgery community is finally coming around to what many patients know already - that revisions are a necessary part of the treatment for the chronic, lifelong and very difficult problem of morbid obesity.

Welcome to the Family. I had revision surgery 12/10/12. It was not an easy road but well well worth it.
Please keep us updated on your journey.

Best,
Whit

Welcome to the Family. I had revision surgery 12/10/12. It was not an easy road but well well worth it.
Please keep us updated on your journey.

Best,
Whit
Thanks everyone I really appreciate your support and welcome. It means a lot to me. I would love to find out more about your journey Whit and obstacles you faced.

Latest posts

Back