Heavy cream weirdness?

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hello loves!
So, as many of us do, I enjoy the fact that I can use heavy cream in my coffee and not feel guilty about it! But when I make my big thermos of coffee to take to work, by the time I open it up, the cream looks curdled. I don't believe it's ACTUALLY curdled, because it has happened with numerous fresh containers, and also not when I drink it right away, only when it goes into the thermos. So what's the deal and how do I make this not happen? I retched when a glob touched my tongue and I've been *suffering* with only half and half since! :eek::rolleyes:;)

I think you might be making butter. Somehow agitating it or something. IDK, but I've had the same thing happen, only in thermoses. Didn't happen when I mixed it in a cup first, then poured it into the thermos.

I think you might be making butter. Somehow agitating it or something. IDK, but I've had the same thing happen, only in thermoses. Didn't happen when I mixed it in a cup first, then poured it into the thermos.
Yes, that is exactly what it's like, little butter globules. Like the fat separates out and rises to the top, then cools and clumps up. Nasty.

Latest posts

Back