Have a surgery date.

Oh I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I am six days out.
Congrats on your decision and your surgery date. Keep us psoted on your progress.

Congrats on a surgery date...

Now, read everything you can, print it out or bookmark it (there is a bookmark feature here) so that in the first months AFTER your surgery and you are suffering from anesthesia brain, you won't ask "stupid" stuff. And I PROMISE...we all suffer a bad case of stupid right after!

Haha well, nevermind. I didn't realize that my insurance covered bariatric surgery. I just automatically assumed it didn't. I'm gonna save the money and go through the insurance process. Wish me luck because outside of just regular checkups and dental cleanings, I've never used insurance for anything, so the process is hella confusing for me.

Speaking of which, is there a guide or information somewhere that lists the process you need to go through in order to be approved through insurance?

Oh, and I can already tell I'm gonna have a problem with my insurance. They list BPD/DS as not medically necessary for bmi less than 50 (mine is around 41, down from 46 before I got the flu and strep back-to-back a couple months ago.)

Oh, and I can already tell I'm gonna have a problem with my insurance. They list BPD/DS as not medically necessary for bmi less than 50 (mine is around 41, down from 46 before I got the flu and strep back-to-back a couple months ago.)
Tagging @DianaCox and @Larra as those are the two who know how to fight that restriction as its bullshit!

Congratulations on your date and best wishes! Looking forward to reading about your future weight loss success! :)

Latest posts

Back