Has anyone heard from @snowbutterfly?

Last I can recall, she had had her revision to DS in Alaska, went home, then landed in the ER with what turned out to be pancreatitis. I don't recall seeing any updates. so @Snowbutterfly I hope you are out there reading this and that you are better by now. Please let us know how you're doing.

You are so sweet! I'm amazed at how caring the people here are. Thank you for keeping tabs on me. I'm much better now. My enzym levels normalized and the pain has gone away.
Only bad thing is that while sick I was only able to eat carbs (BRAT diet) and when I finally got my appetite back im afraid I've gone down that bad carb rabbit hole.
I have no problem eating any food so I'm struggling to go back to my clean eating. I'm so mad and ashamed of myself.
I realized what I was doing so I came back here. It's hard to lie to myself when I'm actively on this site.
Anywho, thank you for caring.

Hi Snowbutterfly! It's so good to hear from you and hear that you are doing better. Please don't beat yourself up about your diet. you were sick and had to eat food choices based on what wouldn't make you sick. That's life! When you feel up to it, ease back into food choices best for your ds. You can do it!

I'm so glad you're better! Pancreatitis is serious business and things could have gone differently.
There is no reason for you to be ashamed. You ate what you had to eat to recover from a serious illness. Now that you're better, work yourself off the carbs and back to the good stuff. You will do fine.

Thank you all! I didn't realize how serious pancreatitis was till after the fact. I'm glad I went into the ER. I'm horrible about not wanting to be a "bother".
In the interest of being totally honest, the carbs that crept back in after the initial illness has been crap. At first it was what i had to eat to function, then morphed into that evil carb dragon. I am cutting it out but not as fast as I know I should.

@Snowbutterfly glad you are doing well. Drop the guilt about carbs. Every day is a new day and a fresh start. Remember why you got this surgery and refocus your efforts.

@Snowbutterfly glad you are doing well. Drop the guilt about carbs. Every day is a new day and a fresh start. Remember why you got this surgery and refocus your efforts.

Your absolutely right. Im pretty hard on myself when it comes to eating. I have a horrible habit of going too far in either direction. I did better yesterday and even better today. Tomorrow I'll be back on track with my macros. Hopefully I can stick to it with this holiday weekend.

You can do this! Focus on hydration and doing your best with protein. Just keep doing better each day and you'll do fine.

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! Don't be so hard on yourself! You can get back to eating your protein and fat. Just stay healthy!

Hi @Snowbutterfly - I know only two well how horrible an angry pancreas can be. Glad you are feeling better! Please don't beat yourself up over carbs eaten yesterday. The only thing you can change are the decisions before you right now. Make good choices today - remember you deserve it!

Latest posts

Back