Has anyone had a RNY to DS revision with Dr. Elariny in VA?

Toya C

If yes, how was your experience? Please share.

I realize I keep putting the entire question in the subject line, lol. Sorry, figure that speeds up responses. Hit me!

I was an Elariny RNY patient in 2006, and I consulted with him for a revision to the DS in 2015/2016. After my consultation, I decided there was no way I'd use him again. I decided to travel all the way from VA to California to be Dr. Keshishian's patient, and my surgery is tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.

If yes, how was your experience? Please share.

I realize I keep putting the entire question in the subject line, lol. Sorry, figure that speeds up responses. Hit me!

If you're in this locale, it makes the most sense to go to Dr. Greenbaum, unless you want to go cross-country to Dr K, Dr Rabkin, or Dr Ayoola.

I personally opted against Dr Elariny. I was greatly put off by the whole group that I met. I'm sure he's a great surgeon, it just was not the right fit for me. His name does not get mentioned as a revision surgeon, so I'd steer clear for that reason (personally).

If you're in this locale, it makes the most sense to go to Dr. Greenbaum, unless you want to go cross-country to Dr K, Dr Rabkin, or Dr Ayoola.

I personally opted against Dr Elariny. I was greatly put off by the whole group that I met. I'm sure he's a great surgeon, it just was not the right fit for me. His name does not get mentioned as a revision surgeon, so I'd steer clear for that reason (personally).

Thank you very much @Jbandmmomma , this is helpful.

I was an Elariny RNY patient in 2006, and I consulted with him for a revision to the DS in 2015/2016. After my consultation, I decided there was no way I'd use him again. I decided to travel all the way from VA to California to be Dr. Keshishian's patient, and my surgery is tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you @Jen2016. Congrats to you, perhaps one day I can join the Dr. K movement, lol.

Dr. Greenbaum does RNY to DS revisions on a selective basis. You would need to provide him with the operative report from your RNY, which you should have anyway for any potential revision surgeon, so he can determine how it was done and whether or not he'd be willing to do your revision. But he certainly has a good reputation.

Dr. Greenbaum does RNY to DS revisions on a selective basis. You would need to provide him with the operative report from your RNY, which you should have anyway for any potential revision surgeon, so he can determine how it was done and whether or not he'd be willing to do your revision. But he certainly has a good reputation.

Thank you @Larra . If I actually find a way to successfully get thru this process, I will need to meet you. You are a wealth of information and you've single handedly moved me from a position of passive web surfing to intentional investigation. No matter the outcome, thank you for your responsiveness & recommendations.

Thank you for your kind words @Toya! I am far far away from you, but if you're ever coming to the SF bay area, let me know. I hope your insurance will cover the revision. You now know where your best resources are as far as surgeons go, I'm sure you'll find the one that is right for you, and then the real fight will begin. Get your operative report if you don't already have it, and get your EOC (evidence of coverage) of your insurance to see what your coverage is and what appeals rights, if any, you have. There are so many different policies out there that this is the only way to know where you stand.

Latest posts

Back