Happy & Scared - Just got surgery date

GenJones

It's official: December 26th. The holidays just won't be the same this year, but hopefully the many holiday seasons to come will be so much better. I've been waiting patiently (okay, sometimes not very patiently) to get this date and now that I have it... it's so real now. Did any of you have this kind of conflicted feeling just before the surgery? I'm also kicking myself a bit, since I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to this past six months, but it's past and done now. Anyway - sorry for babbling. I just have so many feelings...

Congratulations! Everyone has mixed feelings before surgery - that's perfectly natural. You can look forward to celebrating a healthier you in the seasons to come!

Just think, next year at this time, you will have a wonderful new life.

You are suppose to be scared. We all were. We are all happy now. :)

Congratulations @GenJones And yes, this Christmas won't be fun since you will be in prep mode. But it's JUST one holiday in a long string. Next year you will be dancing around the table!

Dh had his surgery on Dec 16th, 2010...Christmas that year was pretty miserable. He was only able to eat a bite or two of soft food. (released on soft). But he has enjoyed the hell out of the last 6!

You may be able to get some of your friends and/or family to join you for a preemptive holiday dinner. When I lived closer to my family, I used to have a big tree trimming party every year. I made a turkey and a spiral ham and invited everyone. It was a big bash, tons of fun, and I didn't have to do all the tree decorating myself. You would be amazed by how much people get into trimming out a tree for someone who just cooked them dinner! Anyway, it was always a great way to kick off the season. Perhaps you can do something fun like that even if it is not on such a large scale. Congratulations on your surgery date! What a wonderful way to ring in the new year!

That's a great idea. My daughter has to work on Thanksgiving this year, and we were talking about meeting up sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas and having some kind of mix of the two. I really do want at least a taste of pumpkin pie!

Latest posts

Back