Had an interesting email from Dr. Esquerra's assistant, Nina

Well, I believe you guys, of course. But Nina was not there when I was there! I said, well, Nina is the only one I didn't get to see and that's when Ernesto said, oh no, she's not here she's in....... I guess he just meant at the moment but the way he said it led me to believe otherwise...LOL. Yes, I knew Yolanda was Nina's mother. I thought it was Carla (the one who greeted me upon arrival who was the other daughter). Didn't you think Carla resembled Yolanda? And, I admit I had some problems understanding everything Ernesto said to me (as you can tell..LOL) but (now don't laugh) I thought (when I mentioned the two Carlas got confusing to everyone) that he said that Karla was Nina's daughter. If that was true, along with the other stuff I thought, then that would make Karla, Yolanda's granddaughter, and niece of Carla. I, myself, wasn't even sure I bought all that so laugh all you want. I just might email Nina and ask for a family tree diagram! All I know for sure is that I DID NOT meet Nina and I'm sticking to that!

You met Nina? She was at Almater? Only people I met were Carla and Yolanda. Carla is the one who greeted you and takes you around to have your pre-op tests then Yolanda (older woman than Carla) talks to the patient and gives out the two pills to take the night before surgery. When I asked Ernesto about Nina, he told me that she is located in an entirely different location/town. I've never emailed Dr. Campos. I know he lives there in Mexicali, or again, was told this by Ernesto, the knower of all things! LOL He told me where Esquerra lives and I think it was Hermosilla, but I'm not feeling 100% certain on that.

I met Nina as well. She's gorgeous!! She normally is located in southern San Diego but she came down to help her mother because they are running short on staff. I did not meet Karla because she didn't come down with Nina. I talked to Nina for a while. She calmed my nerves and reassured me that I was in good hands. I'm glad she came and talked to me:) I also talked to Yolanda. She was the first person that greeted me upon my arrival at the hospital. I've talked to her everyday that I've been here. She even comes to my room to let me know that she is leaving for the day. Everyone is really nice.

How are you feeling @Svetlana Leigh ?

I'm still so very sore but I'm walking better today. I drank the blue dye this morning and the doctor said that everything looked ok so that made me happy. I also called Delta and they are going to assist me on my trip back home. I'm sure it'll take a few more days to feel a lot better. I'm allowed to drink liquids. I started practicing sipping before I got here so that I wouldnt take huge sips and so far so good. I got orange juice, apple juice and tea. Gosh I hate tea. I was hoping for some broth because I'm craving salt. Maybe I'll get some later this evening.

Ooo, the dreaded blue dye. The barium swallow test is much more pleasant.

I was not a fan of camomile tea but I did like just plain hot water without the tea bag. You'll get broth tomorrow. Yay!

Glad you got Delta to assist you. Do you have a direct flight home? Remember check your bag. You will be in no condition to lift it on security belt or in overhead bin. And you're not supposed to lift more than 15#.

Every day will be better and better.

I'm still so very sore but I'm walking better today. I drank the blue dye this morning and the doctor said that everything looked ok so that made me happy. I also called Delta and they are going to assist me on my trip back home. I'm sure it'll take a few more days to feel a lot better. I'm allowed to drink liquids. I started practicing sipping before I got here so that I wouldnt take huge sips and so far so good. I got orange juice, apple juice and tea. Gosh I hate tea. I was hoping for some broth because I'm craving salt. Maybe I'll get some later this evening.
You will start feeling better and very good move on getting the airline to help you. On my hernia repair back from LAX we requested transportation and it was such a nice benefit. No way I could have made the walk. We also flew first class on way back for comfort because regular seats kill my bony ass.

Hang in there.

You will start feeling better and very good move on getting the airline to help you. On my hernia repair back from LAX we requested transportation and it was such a nice benefit. No way I could have made the walk. We also flew first class on way back for comfort because regular seats kill my bony ass.

Hang in there.
I have first class also. I've learned a lot from everyone of you in this group. I've been reading on here for months even though I didn't always post.

Last edited:
Ooo, the dreaded blue dye. The barium swallow test is much more pleasant.

I was not a fan of camomile tea but I did like just plain hot water without the tea bag. You'll get broth tomorrow. Yay!

Glad you got Delta to assist you. Do you have a direct flight home? Remember check your bag. You will be in no condition to lift it on security belt or in overhead bin. And you're not supposed to lift more than 15#.

Every day will be better and better.
No, there are no direct flights where I came from. I have layovers both ways but thankfully they're relatively short. I'll definitely check my bag this time. I packed way too much.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you got no broth! I got the same thing every single time. Broth, nasty chamomile tea, apple juice and Gatorade (I think). The color of it changed but that's all.

Latest posts

Back