Greetings and Appreciation

One of my friends had a DS at age 62 with Dr. Rabkin. She's done great. 57 is NOT too old for a DS! Anyone telling you that you are too old for a DS is either poorly informed or dishonest. Take your pick.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I forgot to include some stats so here goes. Age 57, CW 272, BMI 49. Dr. Coates did a DS on a friend about 1 1/2 years ago and she is very happy with the results. I am hoping for the same.
I was also 57 when I got my DS. Too old? Seriously! Not that I'm trying to one-up you, yet my BMI was 55 so that may indicate more risk. My surgery was October, 2008. My biggest problem? Getting rid of my huge clothes because of a lifetime of fluctuating sizes. It took a while to realize if I had a bounce back, it would never be to my jumbo sizes.

Our minds play tricks on us. When I got my Medicare card, I was thinking "Why did I get this? Medicare is for old people and I am not one of them!" However, when I started collecting SSA, I didn't feel old, just thrilled to be getting back some of the money I contributed to the funds over years and years.

Be very careful with Coates...make sure he is doing the two anastomoses DS and not the SADI/SIPS/LoopDS which is still not considered a standard of care WLS for ASMBS/insurance purposes.
He said he would when I met with him and that's what my insurance approved. I will make sure that what I consent to. I'm ready to get on with it. 43 more days...

Latest posts

Back