Going carb crazy!!!!

Mandy

I need some advice...

Im 9 months out and 120lbs down and would like to lose about 50 more. I hit a really bad stall and basically gave up and started eating carbs here and there... now im snacking throughout the day on sweets. Any advice how to stop once you start? I know sounds silly... any advice on fake sugars, do you really notice it increasing cravings?

Eat high protein foods you love. Don't bother eating foods you do not like. Find new tasty high protein recipes to try. Try a new type of cheese, fish, or meat or different way to prepare the foods. If you like what you are eating you are less likely to crave carbs/sweets. If I am craving chocolate, I will have a protein bar. Even though relatively high in carbs (approx 20- 25) it does help to satisfy the craving for something sweet along with the protein benefit.

Get away from the kitchen. Find something to do away from the temptation. If you snack late afternoon, join a class or something to get away from the food. Not a cooking class. hahaha

I find one sweet leads to another and another and another.

And yes, just as I believe chewing gum feeds the oral fixation when we are dieting or trying to quit smoking, I believe artificial sugar just feeds the sugar addiction. You have to stop it all to tame or lose the taste for sugar.

(I found I was eating too many protein bars so they're no longer allowed in my house.)

BTW I talk a good game but struggle with sugar as well.

When I want sweets or carbs I have fast food instead. I'll go to McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's and get a triple cheese burger (often with bacon) with ketchup. I almost never eat the bun. I either throw it away or I eat the meat out from it (if I'm with people). This let's me eat protein, plus I don't feel deprived. As a matter of fact, I have a Wendy's Triple Baconator for lunch.

Latest posts

Back