Give it to me straight.

marissamast

3X to small in 13 mos. Love my DS
Thank you for the warm welcome. Now I need some plain facts. LOL I went to my surgical orientation today and, of course, everything they were telling us was about RNY and NOT DS. I need a list. Please. How much of each of these should I be taking? I know that they all need to be dry supplements, Just how much? and what can I take together? I am post menopausal so I think my multi vitamin should be plenty of iron. Thank you! I am really going to need you guys through this since the surgeons office and the nutritionist are clueless. :sick:
Vitamin A:
Vitamin D:
Vitamin E:
Vitamin K:
Calcium Citrate:
Magnesium:

And anything else I am missing. Thanking you in advance!

Well, first of all, have you looked in the Vitamins and Labs threads? Do you have a copy of YOUR lab results in your hot little hands? That's where you start. You take a look at Vitalady's Recommended DS vitamins list. You don't have to buy them from her, but I do. Her list is the starting point. Then you increase what you are low in. For instance, if your D is way low, you take WAY more D than her recommendation. AND, (this is vitally important) you get LABS DRAWN in 3 months to re-check and see how you are progressing on your D. Then you adjust again. Rinse and repeat.

It helps if you chart your labs. That way you can see at a glance if you are trending low on one. Usually, we spot our trends WAY before our doctors do.

Well, first of all, have you looked in the Vitamins and Labs threads? Do you have a copy of YOUR lab results in your hot little hands? That's where you start. You take a look at Vitalady's Recommended DS vitamins list. You don't have to buy them from her, but I do. Her list is the starting point. Then you increase what you are low in. For instance, if your D is way low, you take WAY more D than her recommendation. AND, (this is vitally important) you get LABS DRAWN in 3 months to re-check and see how you are progressing on your D. Then you adjust again. Rinse and repeat.

It helps if you chart your labs. That way you can see at a glance if you are trending low on one. Usually, we spot our trends WAY before our doctors do.
No. My bad. This is only the 3rd time I have been on here and having a bit of trouble navigating. Thank you for the heads up on the vitamins and labs thread. I have not had my surgery yet and I get my original labs done next Thursday. I just wanted to get all my vitamins in order before my surgery...to make sure I have what I need. How soon after surgery do you usually start taking them? I got absolutely NOTHIN from my pre-surgery seminar this morning. I have yet to spend more than 5 minutes with the surgeon and I won't until 3 weeks after my surgery. I am kind of leaning on you guys to guide me since no one else seems able or ready to help.

Most people have a 30 day or more store of vitamins and can take a week or so to work up to taking vitamins. Usually start with your multi, then your calcium and D, then start adding the rest over the next few weeks. You want to be up to full speed by a month out.

Go to vitalady.com and look at her DS packages. Yes, you are missing things, like iron for one. This is a good starting point then you start tweaking based on your labs. Check out patchMD too. These are new but some folks have been getting good results.

Latest posts

Back