Getting close....

Deelyn

Yesterday I had my PFT done...hope I am cleared by Pulmonologist! All I have l left to do is sleep study and final dietician visit all next week and then the waiting game is on. I am so ready to begin this journey! I guess I will be having the Loop DS.

Hello @Deelyn . Have you researched the SADI thoroughly and if so why that procedure with very little history and significant risk of bile reflux and not the proven DS.

As Liz pointed out, the SADI is not an approved bariatric procedure by insurance companies. If your Dr tries to use DS codes he will be committing fraud and you will likely end up paying for the procedure out of pocket.

Please for your own well being do a lot of research on this topic and protect yourself. I appreciate how much you are ready to move forward, but please go into this with eyes wide open and research fully so you are fully informed and do not end up regretting your decision.

Hello @Deelyn . Have you researched the SADI thoroughly and if so why that procedure with very little history and significant risk of bile reflux and not the proven DS.

As Liz pointed out, the SADI is not an approved bariatric procedure by insurance companies. If your Dr tries to use DS codes he will be committing fraud and you will likely end up paying for the procedure out of pocket.

Please for your own well being do a lot of research on this topic and protect yourself. I appreciate how much you are ready to move forward, but please go into this with eyes wide open and research fully so you are fully informed and do not end up regretting your decision.
I do verify medical insurance at my job and trust me I made sure this particular surgery was covered.

Not self pay and my insurance said they will cover the Loop DS
Please ask what codes were submitted because you would be the first insurance approved SADI we have heard of as a community.

Ok I will..thank you
We have just seen the DS codes used for this procedure and then later not paid when it was found out that it was the sadi and not the DS. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Latest posts

Back