Food Journal Thurs 8th Jan

huneypie

Wannabe
Yay TGINF (Thank God It's Nearly Friday)!! :LOL: And the weather's meant to be improving for you guys across the pond... unfortunately I heard someone say it's heading to old Blighty. I hope we don't get it as badly as the US.

B Protein coffee 30
S Cheese 10
L Macaroni cheese 30
S Cheese 5
D Chicken stir fry 30

Protein total: 105
F 72+
V All in (inc 6 batches of calcium) nightime iron & strontium batches pending

I had a PCP appt this morning...to get established.
Went armed with lab stuff, the paper on fat malabsorption, my last dexa scan, ect. This doctor is a KEEPER! He didn't seem overwhelmed with what I gave him...and dh will give him different stuff when he sees him this month.
But I went in fasting in case we pulled labs. Turns out his lab doesn't keep the specialty tubes there, they have to order them from the main hospital they are affliated with but she did say I had 3 options: 1) reschedule so she could order the tubes, 2) go by the hospital lab or 3) Since some had to be sent on to LapCorp anyway to just get all of them done there. By this time it was barreling down on lunch, had NOT had coffee yet and was starting to develop a headache. Getting them done in the morning.

So no breakfast, trying to make up for it now:
L: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and two bites of grits.
S: Slice of "fried" cheese and 5/6 potato crisps. (Popchips brand) (A serving is 23 chips for 18 grams of carbs)
S: Beef & Cheese wrapped french dip appetizers. (4 of them but I didn't do the dip part)
D: Shredded BBQ Pork on one piece of toasted bread.
S: Cheese Sticks
S: Frozen Yogurt

Okay, took a break from the vitamins...will get back to them tomorrow after my labs.

Last edited:
Oh how annoying about needlessly fasting. I don't worry about my lipid or glucose panel as they're not an issue and don't fast for my bloodwork.

I hope you get some nice results. I'm just itching to find out about my vitamin A next month, as my skin isn't the best and I've never had it like this before (my zinc's good BTW).

Oh how annoying about needlessly fasting. I don't worry about my lipid or glucose panel as they're not an issue and don't fast for my bloodwork.

I hope you get some nice results. I'm just itching to find out about my vitamin A next month, as my skin isn't the best and I've never had it like this before (my zinc's good BTW).
I honestly didn't think it would be needless but at least they didn't just go ahead and do part of them to tell me I need to come back.
Actually he said "so your surgery cured your diabetes". I still don't consider myself cured YET...I want 5 years under my belt first.

I met my goal of drinking 40 oz of water today. it was NOT easy but as I cut back further on coffee it will get easier. tomorrow, same water goal. today I only had 3 cups - big, strong cups however! :coffee:

my second goal for today was to post about non-food issues...and I don't feel the energy. will try in the morning.

maintenance, it's all about your entire life.

I met my goal of drinking 40 oz of water today. it was NOT easy but as I cut back further on coffee it will get easier. tomorrow, same water goal. today I only had 3 cups - big, strong cups however! :coffee:

my second goal for today was to post about non-food issues...and I don't feel the energy. will try in the morning.

maintenance, it's all about your entire life.

Good job with all the water. I keep a 32oz bottle on my desk and I try and fill it more than once.

Friday morning - same water goal as yesterday: 40 oz. same coffee goal, 3 cups only. ummm, putting the Non-Food Goal on hold for just now.

pulled pork does sound good!

Latest posts

Back