Final meeting for Aug 22 surgery

JKap19

So I had my final meetings yesterday for my DS surgery on Aug 22. I was able to verify that I am getting the DS with two anastomoses and a common channel no smaller than 150. They do not perform the SADI/Loop procedure yet in their office. They said that they have been working with the hospital to come up with a price for it for self pay only since it's not regulated/approved by the FDA.

I had a 2.5 hour class with the NUT. OMG, OMG, OMG. Low fat, low fat, low fat. She must have said it a ton of times. She said that it's not good for your guts and it adds more calories and you want to limit the number of calories you are taking in during your weight loss phase. Same with the PA - she made sure to mention that as well. UGH!!!! It's so different from what everyone says on here.

So I nodded like I understood but in reality I'm thinking there is no way your taking my bacon away from me when I can finally have it!!!!!

I found out that my vitamin D is low but my calcium is just fine. My ferritin is low but my iron is just fine and my albumin is low as well.

I had to buy the Barilife vitamin or no surgery so I have 3 months worth of those and 3 months worth of calcium citrate. $176 for that. I am not staying on the Barilife once my 3 months is out.

That sucks that they hold you hostage and force you to buy the products they are pimping! And then there is the meeting with the NUT who knows nothing about the surgery you are about to have. Double shame on them. All you got was the bill.

You have a little time. Take a multi, iron, extra D, calcium, and more protein now! Ask your docs office when you should quit before surgery.

Best of luck!

"They said that they have been working with the hospital to come up with a price for it for self pay only since it's not regulated/approved by the FDA."

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. The FDA does NOT regulate surgeries. They regulate drugs and medical devices. In order to get a CPT code, the procedure must be deemed sufficiently a standard of care procedure (I assume by meeting guidelines established by the professional society for that specialty), and then the procedure gets a CPT code (which I believe is currently the purview of the CMS). There is no CPT code specifically for any of the loop procedures, because they are not yet considered standard of care procedures by the ASMBS.

See the attached ASBS (before they added the M) Consensus Statement which made the DS standard of care in 2004.

And this is a link to the May 2016 ASMBS statement about the single anastomosis procedures, NOT annointing them as standard of care: http://asmbs.org/resources/position-statement-single-anastomosis-duodenal-switch

Attachments

• 2004_ASBS_Consensus_Conference_Statement.pdf
    266.3 KB · Views: 4
Open one bottle and use them for about a week. Then when you have your first follow up, tell them they are making you queasy. Return the unopened ones. And tell them you will use a Centrum equivalent. Once you've had your surgery, they can't take it back.

Open one bottle and use them for about a week. Then when you have your first follow up, tell them they are making you queasy. Return the unopened ones. And tell them you will use a Centrum equivalent. Once you've had your surgery, they can't take it back.
Smart!!!!

"A common channel no SMALLER than 150cm??" A DS common channel IS smaller than 150cm - should be about 100cm.

"A common channel no SMALLER than 150cm??" A DS common channel IS smaller than 150cm - should be about 100cm.
Depends on her starting BMI. Boyce is conservative with lightweights. He made mine 175 back 6.5 years ago. My pre-surgery visit he said 175-200. In OR pre-op, I got him to commit to 175.

Latest posts

Back