Extended Tummy Tuck

Jrube

Screenshot_2015-05-16-21-27-17.png received_10101519501284272.jpeg Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new here. Just wanted to offer some help. 1 year ago I had an extended tummy tuck. After losing 250, my doctor said it was the biggest tuck he's ever done. 20 lbs of skin. Here are before and afters. If anyone has questions just ask!

I just had a major ventral hernia repair done with a big hunk of mesh inserted and screwed into my abdominal wall (7.7 x 9.7 inches). We were originally looking at component separation because and possibly abdominoplasty but I couldn't get insurance to cover either tummy tuck or abdominoplasty because I didn't have any skin infections or such. I ended up with just lap repair of the hernia which was the main reason for the surgery because it was causing issues, but I really wanted the skin on my pubic bone removed and my ball sack cinched up because they were drooping and TMI hitting the damn water when taking a shit. Like I said that didn't happen.....a month after my ventral repair I sprung what I thought was just a hernia on the right side of my groin. Well when I saw the surgeon he said, "I hate to break it to you but you have one on the left side as well". So I ended up with a double inguinal hernia repair with a lymph node resection Friday the 24th (biopsied and from what I can tell it is fine but I have to ask the surgeon why he did that because I had no idea he took that lymph node and only found out because the pathology report showed up on my hospital portal).

In any case I ended up with what I call a bad case of Buffalo Balls after that surgery because they swelled bigger than a grapefruit and the swelling has gone down a bit but they are hanging lower than ever now. So I will be seeing a plastic surgeon to see if there is anyway to get his medically covered because man it is a pain and gross siting down and having your balls plop in the damn toilet water...and it is hard trying to do your business and keeping those out of the way.....anyway....glad you were able to get some work done. I could use a little off my hips, my fupa taken away and sack cinched up at some point....but right now I am tired of hurting from two surgeries in a month that are neither one a cake walk

View attachment 1138 View attachment 1140 Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new here. Just wanted to offer some help. 1 year ago I had an extended tummy tuck. After losing 250, my doctor said it was the biggest tuck he's ever done. 20 lbs of skin. Here are before and afters. If anyone has questions just ask!

You look great!!! I bet it feels so much better with the excess skin removed. I always hear people say that it's so very painful to have this surgery. Would you be willing to do it all over again? Also, how long did it take you to completely heal from the procedure?

Thanks guys. I had the wall reconstructed also.

Would I do it again? No way Jose.

Was it worth it? You bet!!

The first few weeks were rough. After about 4 weeks, I was moving around a lot. Had to wear a full body spandex thing for 90 days. In the Florida heat it's not ideal in the summer.

It's 1 year out and I'm pretty much healed. Sometimes I get weird feeling. For example if I run, I still feel tingling. But never pain.

My doctor now offers a procedure with no drains. He was affordable and the best. I got quotes for 5-25k.

Mine cost about 10. Dr. Caragea @ 305 plastic surgery.

@Jrube, you look great!

@Charris, yes panniculectomy is just removal of the apron of fat, whereas abdominoplasty usually incorporates wall / muscle work. I had both, at the same time (in conjunction with a hernia repair) while SMO, years pre-DS. I got pregnant a year later (surprise!) and ruined the abdominoplasty, but the panniculectomy has left me in good stead overall.

Almost 2 years post op DS and 4.5 weeks post of from an extended tummy tuck with a hernia repair. Best thing I've done since I had my DS which was my 2nd wls I was a prior crap bandit.

Removed almost 9 pounds of skin. Wow! I feel so much better.

Did you have any other work done? I'm wanting my arms done next.

Latest posts

Back