Exercise at 2months out???

GrammyLuLu

Ok I know I should be exercising and I see that others who are at the same stage I am are exercising an hour a day. I dont know what to do my energy level is still so low I am lucky if I can shower, do a small grocery shop and maybe take a ride in the car with hubby. I am pretty much spent after that. I have started walking to the mail box and back but that's about all I can do. I feel like such a failure in this department. I know it will help with the weight loss but I just dont know how to get past this.
Oh I had a RnY to DS revision surgery and recovery has been hard!!!

At two months, walking is your best friend.

Over 7 years out and the only formal exercise I do and have done since my DS is walking. I just stay more active now. Never was and never will be into a gym.

Different people recover at different rates. Do what you can but don't overdo it. Try to do just a little more each day. One of these days you will notice that you feel a whole lot better and more energetic.

I don't exercise but it's killing me. well, I'm much less healthy than I can be. don't think it's for losing weight because it isn't: we all need to move or we age much faster.

every part of your body, including your brain, works better with movement, however that takes place. your job is physical or you go to the gym or you work around the house or something, but you MOVE.

is there something you always wanted to do but felt "too big" and thought you would save until you are smaller? doesn't have to be skiing or horseback riding or jitterbug - can be something as simple as adopting a dog that needs walking or gardening. when is the last time you tried a hulahoop?

anyway, find something you want to be able to do and then move - literally - towards that.

don't be like me. I think I might still be alive mostly because I've avoided desk jobs. :rolleyes:

I have started walking to the mail box and back but that's about all I can do.

sorry my above answer was true, but too flip. where you are at now you carefully count how many times you can walk to the mailbox. only once a day? then work on twice a day. or whatever makes sense: with low endurance you do what you can and take steps as tiny as necessary and track your progress. do NOT be discouraged, keep being glad you can walk to the mailbox!

you had a major surgery - just keep increasing your endurance as slowly as you need to and it will get better, for sure. :)

If you over exert yourself you'll just be in pain and start to dread exercise. I'm only a bit more than a week out and definitely feeling the same way as you are. What's been helping get a little extra movement in is putting on music during the chores I can do. I end up subconsciously dancing a little while doing the dishes.

I started at about 6 weeks out with 5 minutes on the treadmill at a very slow pace. I’m now 11 weeks and up to 25-30 minutes a day at a good speed. I never enjoy but I feel better for doing it. There’s some great deals on treadmills out there, I love mine and there’s no excuse not to do it.

Do you not have saggy loose skin if you don’t exercise? That’s also a concern to me is all the skin sagging after the weight loss.

Do you not have saggy loose skin if you don’t exercise? That’s also a concern to me is all the skin sagging after the weight loss.
All exercise does is make the skin drape better. It will not cure saggy skin. That takes plastics. Saggy skin is controlled by several factors. How obese you were, how long you were obese, your body type, genetics, and not a damned thing you can do to change those factors. Think of your skin as a balloon. As a baby, that balloon was very fresh, but you’ve spent many years stretching that balloon and it will never go back to what it was when you first got it.

If you have an operation where you lose a lot of weight, which is your goal, right, you will have loose skin. How much and where will depend on the factors mentioned above. If you lose a lot of weight without bariatric surgery, you will have the same issue. If you have an operation where you DON'T lose a lot of weight, you will have little to no loose skin. There is no perfect solution. Loose skin is a bummer, but far better than being MO and having all the associated comorbidities. And plastics is an option, if you want to go through it and can afford it.

Loose skin has nothing to do with exercise or lotions and potions. It has to do with how heavy you are, how long you were heavy, your age, and your genetics. Look it up, there are no muscles in your skin that you can tighten up with exercise. Some people have a BIT of success by developing the muscles under the skin. Here is the good news, loose skin does shrink very slowly for about 2 years after massive weight loss. No way to tell in advance what you will end up with.

If you feel that this will be a big issue, start reading up on plastic surgeons who specialize in treating post massive weight loss patients. You won’t need that for a while, but it’s never too early to learn.

Latest posts

Back