Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

Still doing well. Carbs consistently under 25 and I feel fine. Only did 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday. Will try to step it up today. Looked closely at the treadmill and it does have a built in incline so I get a bit more of a workout than I think. Looking forward to a lox and cream cheese wrap today!

Meanwhile back at the ranch. Life goes on. Only 1 cheat so far. I had some Bailey's in my coffee. Bad me! But I have, hopefully been working my ASS off at home moving furniture/beds and stuff. I figured out where to put the treadmill and set up a TV to watch. Jeff comes home from the Special Olympics today. His son was playing softball for Southern California. I am sore all over from using a lot of muscles that never get used. But I will take some aspirin and move on. This has been hell on my nails! As soon as Jeff comes home I will go back to palm tree wrangling. At least most of those wounds have healed now.

I feel fine
I think this is the main thing. fasting (up to a point) is probably good for some people but maybe not all - not sure. my best guess is we are different. mostly the people I've known who only eat once a day are having a giant meal (think fast food) with tons of carbs and everything else and I would guess it's terrible for them mostly because it's crap food but also because it has to be making their blood sugar spike. That's not good for anyone. but you sure sound like you know what you are doing. :)

is Jeff your SO? I swear I've never heard you mention him before which is why I thought you lived alone. :dontknow:

I think this is the main thing. fasting (up to a point) is probably good for some people but maybe not all - not sure. my best guess is we are different. mostly the people I've known who only eat once a day are having a giant meal (think fast food) with tons of carbs and everything else and I would guess it's terrible for them mostly because it's crap food but also because it has to be making their blood sugar spike. That's not good for anyone. but you sure sound like you know what you are doing. :)

is Jeff your SO? I swear I've never heard you mention him before which is why I thought you lived alone. :dontknow:
Yes! We have been together for quite a while.

Meet Jeff. One of the good guys!jeff.jpg I made the shirt!

Jeff coming home was NOT good for me! Too much celebrating. Yesterday I had filet mignon, lobster tail, shrimp cocktail, and salad. Not bad right? Then I totally blew it with pizza and ice cream. I did give more than a third of my pizza to the dogs. Sigh!

Going out to wrangle palms again. It rained last night, monsoon season, and the high will only be 100 today with a chance of more rain! Tomorrow's high is only 98! Low carb is still going well but I will be over today. We are having grilled cheese wraps for lunch. 30gr of carbs is not a disaster but it's a bit too high!

Still out wrangling palms. It rained like crazy last night so it is very humid. I also need to take the pool pump apart and fix it. And clean out all the crap that blew in during the storm. It never ends. Yesterday was only 18 carbs! Went shopping for dog blankets because the Goodwill was 50% off. Who knows why. Bastille Day? I always keep spares because they get a wild hair now and then and shred them.

My carbs will start being a bit higher because we are switching back to H&H for coffee. The HWC is entirely too expensive. And I can't find large containers either. They do have 1/2 gallons at Costco but not worth the membership just for that. Haven't had anything but coffee so far today but dinner is steak and green beans.

I am dying to know if it is working but I also know I don't lose well ever. If I weigh myself and see 2 pounds lost, I will probably give up. I have lost more than that in sweat and blood on those damn trees! So no weighing until August. Once a month...MAX! One thing that's cool, the fitbit does see the work as active minutes!

Latest posts

Back