Endoscopy whine

Also...there is no reliable info that they cause dementia, HOWEVER...BARIATRIC SURGERY + PPIs + AGING are all contributors to the thing I'm dealing with, SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth.) There is insufficient stomach acid to get food processed enough to move from small intestine to large, and it sits there and ferments.

Not good.

Do probiotics help at all with the bacterial overgrowth?

This may come out of left field but there is a reflux component with food allergies. My daughter has food allergies and has a swollen tongue and reflux and diarrhea when she eats mushrooms. Allergies might also be the cause of inflammation of the lining that they found. The good news is that you can't be allergic to coffee. Milk, eggs, fish, nuts, preservatives, etc...
As for the colonoscopy post DS, oh, the horror! I will never do it again. I live an hour away from the hospital and rented a hotel room to avoid a mortifying cab ride. No details are necessary, but I left the housekeeper a huge tip.

how did I miss this whole thread without notices? I "follow" SB (not in a stalky way) so, why no notice?

I have the heartburn that ate Cincinnati and I love coffee so this is the thread for me

I've been bugging Charles' new PCP to schedule him for the colonoscopy he's due for - he's on the 5 year plan due to polyps. I knew the PCP wouldn't delve into his medical records deeply enough to find that. So the PCP wrote him a referral, but Charles didn't do anything, although he is continually having minor gut issues. This past week, he got so constipated he was forced to give himself an enema - and he's now called to schedule his torture. He's going to be such a - pardon the pun - pain in the ass about it.

Did you ask for Suprep? It was easier to tolerate and a smaller volume prep.

I've been bugging Charles' new PCP to schedule him for the colonoscopy he's due for - he's on the 5 year plan due to polyps. I knew the PCP wouldn't delve into his medical records deeply enough to find that. So the PCP wrote him a referral, but Charles didn't do anything, although he is continually having minor gut issues. This past week, he got so constipated he was forced to give himself an enema - and he's now called to schedule his torture. He's going to be such a - pardon the pun - pain in the ass about it.

Did you ask for Suprep? It was easier to tolerate and a smaller volume prep.

No...I'll google it right now, but do share. I did ask for Mag Citrate and he's good with that..but his prep ALSO calls for Dulcolax which is, as far as I can tell, all enteric coated or "comfort coated," and maybe not effective on people like @southernlady and me.

In fact, I came to the board to ask @southernlady about that.

Off to read...

No...I'll google it right now, but do share. I did ask for Mag Citrate and he's good with that..but his prep ALSO calls for Dulcolax which is, as far as I can tell, all enteric coated or "comfort coated," and maybe not effective on people like @southernlady and me.

In fact, I came to the board to ask @southernlady about that.

Off to read...
I don't know the answer for me yet. I'm on the 10 year plan and my last one 2009 (pre DS).

Latest posts

Back