Duh_MOMs update

duh_Mom

As I always say, every day is better. I am 33 days post-op. Had my follow up Dr. visit and got my surgery report. I have a 120cm common channel and "an approximately 50% sleeve gastrectomy, very loosely, around a 34 french orogastric tube".
I am assuming the orogastric tube is the same as that other tool that starts with a B that for the life of me I can't remember the name of... sounds like a french pastry. :)
Not sure the implications of the sizes and would be interested in your thoughts. I have the yeast growing in my mouth, tonsils etc so got started on Diflucan. Also another round of vancomycin.
Eating is getting a bit easier - got some Boston Scrod at a restaurant and man was it good! i haven't eaten fish in lordy, 6 or more years, but was craving it. I have tried turkey breast and pork tenderloin - I measure my 3 tablespoons but it still seems a bit too much, going to back it down to 2 and make sure it is moist enough.
going back to work next week ½ days - i honestly wanted another week but was feeling guilty about being gone, so I reckon that is a good sign.
They asked that I not increase my activity yet - want me to wait another month before doing 'exercise' and still have a lifting restriction.
so, I'm healing and getting there!

It's called a bougie, which does sound sort of like a French pastry.

Sounds like you are really coming along. Just don't overdo it. If you go back half days and find that you're crawling out to the parking lot, stay out for another week. Be kind to yourself or no one else will be.

Great news that you feel well enough to return to work soon. Please, please remember to take it easy and stay hydrated!

thank you all for you comments. @Larra, it if funny you mentioned the parking lot. I actually have the luxury of working from home but I was thinking to day, that if I had to drive in to the office, I would not have made it. I essentially worked 4 to 5 hours each day - then had a 2 to 3 hour nap as soon as I got off. It is really looking like I'll do ½ days next week too.

Latest posts

Back