DS Surgery One and Half Days Away!

You'll be fine! Don't worry. :) we'll all be here waiting for you when you feel up to typing! Just walk as much as you can and sip, sip, sip! I'm three weeks out - it's all still fresh - my sutures don't hurt or anything. So don't really worry about that part. It's all about getting rest and getting all the anesthesia out of your system so you can poop and get home!
How are you feeling? I took four weeks off of work... Do you think that's enough? (Not that I can change it) my job is kinda fast paced. Do you still feel down and out?

Oh, and thanks so much for the encouragement!!!

Hmmmm... Overall I feel pretty good during the day. If I had a desk job, I could probably think about going to work in another week. There's no way I could be in a classroom teaching though, with playground duty and never knowing when I might need time for the loo. Taking a shower, putting on make up, etc., is still a bit exhausting, and if I go anywhere, like shopping, I'm wiped out and ready for a nap shortly thereafter. BUT realize my surgery weight was 400 lbs...so if you're only in the 200's you will bounce back with more stamina than someone my size. Hope that helps!

Edited to add: I think my biggest challenge is sleeping at night. I'm a side sleeper and that isn't happening with "loose inerds." I'm having to sleep on my back, which I hate, so I'm waking after 3 hrs...letting my husband sleep, and going to watch tv for a couple hours....wander back in to my sarcophagus position for another 3 hr stint, and so on. So that adds to my exhaustion during the day.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... Overall I feel pretty good during the day. If I had a desk job, I could probably think about going to work in another week. There's no way I could be in a classroom teaching though, with playground duty and never knowing when I might need time for the loo. Taking a shower, putting on make up, etc., is still a bit exhausting, and if I go anywhere, like shopping, I'm wiped out and ready for a nap shortly thereafter. BUT realize my surgery weight was 400 lbs...so if you're only in the 200's you will bounce back with more stamina than someone my size. Hope that helps!

Edited to add: I think my biggest challenge is sleeping at night. I'm a side sleeper and that isn't happening with "loose inerds." I'm having to sleep on my back, which I hate, so I'm waking after 3 hrs...letting my husband sleep, and going to watch tv for a couple hours....wander back in to my sarcophagus position for another 3 hr stint, and so on. So that adds to my exhaustion during the day.

sarcophagus position... Thanks for the laugh!!! I know exactly what you mean.. I too am a side sleeper... Too funny!

Latest posts

Back