DS Surgery One and Half Days Away!

Hello DS'ers!!! I am new to this board and look forward to participating in your discussions! I am having my DS done on Monday the 24th... A short one and a half days away. So... Advice, tips, comments?? Bring them on, I appreciate any help/incite into what will be my new life! I'm very excited and EXTREMELY nervous!!! Thanks in advance!

I second the lip balm and the slip on slippers or crocs, something easy to kick on and off, but that you won't slip and fall in. Bring a couple travel size bottle of listerine for when you have dry mouth. A book/magazine/tablet, cell phone and charger, and that's it! I brought so much stuff that never got touched and was just clutter all around. You really don't need many personal items.

Oh wow...that close...good luck. Also if you post a new thread here: And label it Patriciakindep's Surrgery Date so I can add you to the calendar! Do you have someone who can let us know how you do?

Thanks so much! I'll be sure to put your items on my packing list for tomorrow! I will try to post after surgery, or have someone do it for me. It'll probably be a few days after. Thanks again! I know your support will be priceless!

You'll be fine! Don't worry. :) we'll all be here waiting for you when you feel up to typing! Just walk as much as you can and sip, sip, sip! I'm three weeks out - it's all still fresh - my sutures don't hurt or anything. So don't really worry about that part. It's all about getting rest and getting all the anesthesia out of your system so you can poop and get home!

Latest posts

Back