DS related or not?

Hey Cat,

I ended up in the cardiac unit probably 2 or 3 weeks out. Longest week of my life, it's when I discovered I have Afib and I was on IV's and telemetry while there. I finally had to call my Nut and tell her to call the hospital nut and explain what I could and couldn't eat. They were starving me to death giving me things I couldn't eat and their protein powders were a joke. Drink, dear lady. Drink every waking moment. Everything you've talked about can be from dehydration...can't hurt to drink :)

Keep the faith!!!

We crossed posts, Cat.

It's not annoying, it's terribly serious. I'm afraid you are headed for real trouble. I'm very sorry to see this.

You need to figure out how you're going to stop living against medical advice. The way you're going you could easily wind up dead.
I am going back to fluids now, but there they gave me no options. I told them I needed to be on fluids and they ignored me.

It's hard to fight for yourself while inpatient. It's really intimidating. You are out now and can follow docs orders. One of my faves was watered down G2 (I think it was). Never with ice, learned that the hard way :)

Oh fer fucksakes. You didn't get access to tap water in the looney bin? DRINK fergawdsakes. You probably belong in the ER for fluids anyhow by this point, assuming you're reporting your intake accurately.

Oh fer fucksakes. You didn't get access to tap water in the looney bin? DRINK fergawdsakes. You probably belong in the ER for fluids anyhow by this point, assuming you're reporting your intake accurately.
I think it depends on how locked up you are. I was on suicide watch before many moons ago...they took everything of mine away, locked me in the room and let me out for meal times. Once off suicide watch I was able to get what I needed (more than really) and I was forced to go to crappy crafting things lol

Also, EN is correct. If you are that dehydrated you need to go to ER STAT!!!!! It is nothing to play around with and "try to drink more", you need IV fluids.

I've been drinking more the past 2 days, so I think I'm okay enough to just drink more. I don't have a dehydration headache like I did at one point. I've probably gotten in about 60oz today, or will at least when I finish this glass, which I'm mostly done with. It was the earlier days in there that I didn't drink much.

I think it depends on how locked up you are. I was on suicide watch before many moons ago...they took everything of mine away, locked me in the room and let me out for meal times. Once off suicide watch I was able to get what I needed (more than really) and I was forced to go to crappy crafting things lol

OK, so here's the thing: IF you can't get what you need and no one will listen to you on a psych ward.... THAT's exactly what you need an advocate for. THAT's exactly why you have them call your DS surgeon. It's not like you DIDN'T JUST HAVE MAJOR FUCKING SURGERY CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I am going to resist my temptation to shake you.

You are STILL not taking this seriously. If you can't, find someone who will speak for you and gets it. If you can, then shake yourself out of what is effectively a suicidal stupor and DO IT!

Yeah. It was a new one, one I'd never been to. Was boring. They were idiots about my meds. My pdoc said he wanted me on Cymbalta twice a day... I was on 60mg...at the hospital, they decided 30mg 2x a day was the same thing (derp, it isn't) and it wasn't doing so hot, but they let me go anyway. Seeing my pdoc in a few days, so I'll get it set straight.
If you are saying 30 mg twice a day isn't the same as 60 mg once a day, you're right - it's better, especially if the 30 mg dose is not an extended release. A once a day pill may be partially wasted and thus inadequate because of your shortened guts.

Yeah, I know how it works. She's just a few days out of major surgery. They would have been more attentive to basic medical issues than that.

If you are saying 30 mg twice a day isn't the same as 60 mg once a day, you're right - it's better, especially if the 30 mg dose is not an extended release. A once a day pill may be partially wasted and thus inadequate because of your shortened guts.
Well, I know 30mg didn't make me feel any better. My pdoc wants me on 60 2x a day - I know it helps. I took 60mg before they shipped me off. Felt better hours later. Then they didn't give me ANY of my meds for 2 days....went to feeling like crap again, and the 30mg didn't pull me out of it.

Im not sure of all the timing of this, but quitting psych meds cold turkey (or missing a couple of doses) can throw you for a loop and it takes a while to get back to "normal".

Latest posts

Back