DS is scheduled

Settledownnow

I'm scheduled with Dr. Keshisian for a conversion to DS on August 5th. I'm pretty excited. In my last postings on the forum, I said I was going to try to lose weight using my RNY and not have the revision. That went very well for several months but ultimately it was another failed diet. I'm glad I tried because now I know I need the DS.

The most amazing part of this is that I have insurance coverage at 100%. I'm excited about the future.

Good decision, but also good that you went through that process. Now you're convinced that you've made the right decision, and that's important.

Congrats! I am a Dr K RNY to DS revision. Best choice I have made. Dr K was amazing! What hospital are you going to? Have you met him in person yet?

Congrats! I am a Dr K RNY to DS revision. Best choice I have made. Dr K was amazing! What hospital are you going to? Have you met him in person yet?

Glad to know you had such a great experience, Kristaz! I have not met him in person but had a video-conference.

Kristaz do you happen to have a general practitioner in Southern California you can recommend that referred you to Dr. K?

I had a revision with Dr K and I live in IL. I didn't need a referral but my insurance doesn't require referrals for in network providers.

So I am assuming you are revised now. How are you doing?
Thanks for asking. I am a little over 2 weeks out and doing okay. I am regaining energy and working on drinking and eating protein. Even still, I am pretty depressed because I have this constant draining from my incision area that requires I change the pads/gauze about 4 times per day. The feeding tube hurts and is a PIA. Other than that, I am okay. Justing waiting for the 6-8 week healing process to go by to get some relief from the draining and for feeding tube to be removed.

Hi @Settledownnow I hope that the draining lets up sooner than expected and that the tube feels better as you heal and swelling reduces. It's got to be rough. Please stay hydrated and know we are thinking of you. Heal soon!

Revisions suck, esp RNY to DS revisions. Hopefully all the misery will soon be just a memory and you'll start to enjoy the benefits of what you are putting yourself through. This will pass.

Latest posts

Back