DS Eating on the Run

Burger King, 6 piece kid's chicken nuggets at drivethru. With our without ranch dressing (depending on whether you're driving or not). Relatively thin breading, acceptable when room temp. Did it yesterday between doctor's appointments. 10 piece is 20 g protein, so 6 piece is 12 g, with 16 g carbs.

Chick fila has grilled chicken nuggets (no breading) that are okay also. I had those one day.

I travel for work extensively.

I like chick fil a grilled nuggets or chicken club with bacon/cheese but no bun. I'm in maintenance so I eat the fries though.

Gas station type stuff: jerky, cheese, salami, summer sausage, quest protein bars. Occasionally quest protein chips as well. I like nature valley protein granola bars as well but admit I had my fill of them a couple years back and now can't stand the thought of eating another. Nut mixes, or some of those cocoa dusted almonds if I need a change.

I also like bowls from chipotle or qdoba. Fast food places I'll usually get a bunless burger bit I personally still eat the fries. Chili from wendys, salads with grilled chicken (avoid sugary salad dressings).

I agree with one of the above comments that the sous vide egg bites from starbucks are awesome as well.

You can also try some small single serve peanut butter pouches in a pinch.

Eating out isn't a problem. Just weight your choices carefully. I can find something to eat almost anywhere but pasta restaurants are the worst!
What Munchkin said. Order a low carb appetizer. When I order a full meal, I try to get things that I know will re-heat well. Most breaded fried things don't so I rarely order them. I don't like burgers without buns, so they're limited to occasional indulgences. Hamburger steaks with grilled onions & mushrooms is my favorite way to eat ground beef.

Latest posts

Back