DS Eating on the Run

Settledownnow

I'm looking for ideas for ways to eat protein while travelling and on the road. For me, I do best when I pack a cooler full of protein foods but there are times when I'm just not that organized. Yesterday, I choked down a formed "chicken breast" patty from Wendy's which was horrible. At some of the travel plazas (gas stations), I can find yogurt, cheese, nuts, and hard-boiled eggs.

Other ideas or options? What do you eat on the run to maintain DS eating?

Jerky, nuts and Nature Valley Granola Protein bars are my go to's for traveling. I keep them in my car and carry on bag.

When I've forgotten to bring snacks with me but really need to eat, I'll hit a burger place and just order a plain cheeseburger without the bun.

I usually have almonds and beef jerky handy though. I usually also keep an emergency protein bar in my purse but lately my son has been eating those, and since I'm under orders from his ped to do anything to get food into him my supply is low.

So, the other one that has not been mentioned is the Sous Vide Egg Bites: Bacon & Gruyere @Starbucks. Not sure they are national though since their food is region.

So, the other one that has not been mentioned is the Sous Vide Egg Bites: Bacon & Gruyere @Starbucks. Not sure they are national though since their food is region.

Yesss. I ate these every day when I was there. I also worked out how to make them at home.

Not glamorous, but chicken tenders are my go-to fast food protein.

Burger King, 6 piece kid's chicken nuggets at drivethru. With our without ranch dressing (depending on whether you're driving or not). Relatively thin breading, acceptable when room temp. Did it yesterday between doctor's appointments. 10 piece is 20 g protein, so 6 piece is 12 g, with 16 g carbs.

Latest posts

Back