Drinking and eating at same time?

I do not know how anyone can choke down food without water or other beverage. I know some people do it, but not me!
Amen to that. While I don't drink a lot while eating, I have to be able to sip.

This is also advice given for VSG patients. The reason i was given in my nutritional classes for the Sleeve was that if you drink while eating, the liquid will push ur good through sooner, causing hunger faster. Or the liquid will take up space in ur sleeve that u need for dense protein. When i started regaining and complaining of hunger, my surgeon would constantly ask if i was following the 30 minute drinking rule. Not sure how much of a difference it made ...
It didn't make a damned bit of difference. Like the DS, the new versions being touted as the improved DS, the VSG still has the pyloric valve the Mother Nature gave us to force the fluid to stay in the stomach to help churn up the contents of the food in the stomach to start digestion.

It's only the RNY (and the old BPD) that take the pyloric valve away and create a man made HOLE called a stoma for the new exit to the intestines.

For RNYers, it's like having a funnel that is always open. While food will stop for a bit, fluid will overcome that and force it down anyway. Nothing the body can do to stop it. We have a flap at the bottom that is designed to open at the proper time to let the churn (digested food) thru.

Latest posts

Back