Dr Wilson in Houston?

Yes, it is your decision.

IF you go to someone other than Dr. Ayoola, be very CLEAR about your wishes...ask all the questions...
How many DS's has that person done?
His/her complication rate?
Who he/she proctored under to learn the surgery?

Answers to those questions AND talking to other DS'ers he/she has done in support groups go a LONG way.

AND...for me, a big one is some sort of assurance of single stage, ONE operation.

Yup, I'd want that assurance, too.
@robs477 , any good info you can report back here based on your research, interviews, etc., will be a valuable addition to the repository of peer-collected and peer-vetted advice we collect.

Yup, I'd want that assurance, too.
@robs477 , any good info you can report back here based on your research, interviews, etc., will be a valuable addition to the repository of peer-collected and peer-vetted advice we collect.

Yes ma'am, I agree. Every day, I discover another piece of info and am passing it on, especially regarding the DS surgeons (or particularly the lack thereof) in this area.

To Bywater: Just to let you know, here is a firsthand data point for you regarding your original question on your thread…I just recently seen Dr. Erik Wilson last wed, just two days ago and was very impressed, and equally important, we were on the same page. He said he only agrees to do the DS on a select few patients that fit his criteria, most of which being having the knowledge of post op diet, lifelong needed supplementation etc. and said I was an ideal candidate for the DS and said “let’s do it”. He said he never does a two stage DS, (which has been my biggest hurdle here in Houston), unless they have a BMI over 70 or 80 and agreed upon BEFORE surgery by him and the patient. So, I have made the decision and have chosen him to be my Surgeon. Anyway, that was my experience with him so far and wanted to let you know in case you are still inquiring.

Latest posts

Back