Dr. Salameh/Arlington, VA

DawnM

Dr. Salameh performed my DS on April 23, 2015, he performed my husband's two week earleir on April 9, 2015. He works at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington, VA. If your insurance requires it, the hospital is a Bariactric Center of Excellence. He is currently Chairman of the Department of Surgery and the Medical Director of the Bariactric Surgwry Center at the hospital.

I have found him to be patient and very thorough. I have had an issue after surgery, nothing medically wrong, just very slowly healing. I appreciate that Dr. Salameh listened to me and acted based on what I decsribed to him in a timely manner. While a patient in the hospital, he visted once. Afterwards it was his interns who would visit twice a day. He did call my husband on a Sunday after his surgery.

He office staff are all very nice. Whenever I have called, I always recieve a call back the same day.

I would, and have recommended Dr. Salameh as a surgeon.

Do you know for sure whether you had a conventional DS or a SADI/SIPS/loopDS? Do you and your husband have copies of your surgical reports? Can you please share the description of your surgeries?

I have never heard of this doctor as a DS surgeon. I hope he is a new DS surgeon in NoVA, but we need to understand for SURE what surgeries he is doing. Thanks for your help with this!

We both had a convention DS, laparoscopically. My Surgery was about 3.5 hours, I had some scar tissue, 3 hours for husband.

He also does the gastric bypass, sleeve and lap-band. I have not seen the hard copy of my records however, I have viewed my records online and it states laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch. My labs after surgery says post duodenal switch.

Also the consent forms on the day of surgery was also laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.

Do your records online state your limb lengths?

I think it's neat that you and your husband are both going through this together...great support system for each other.
Also glad you both had a good surgical experience!

Dr. Salameh studied, two years ago, with Dr. Stephen Boyce from Tennessee.
Which means his AFTER care advice is flawed (after healing use the vets for advice on how to eat and vitamins) but not his surgical skills! Cause Boyce proctored with Dr. Smith who use to be in Atlanta area but is NOW in Celebration, FL.

Latest posts

Back