Dr. John Husted

Or he's not really there.

"He claimed, in a recent deposition, that he went to Mexico to train a physician last year, or maybe it was early this year. The Park Sierra Drive address is the address for Mission Surgical, which is his new practice. He hasn’t been performing bariatric surgery. We believe, but have no proof, that it was because he’s been unable to get malpractice insurance with the lawsuits currently pending."

I can't help but wonder if the physician he was training was Arellanos, for whom Michelle Walsh (AKA MWG, wasabubblebutt, bariatricRN, mexicalimichelle, etc.) works. Arellanos was a partner of Aceves, but they had a rift of some sort (remember Michelle was dissing Aceves last year, saying he killed a patient? See Jackie's post here: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/scary-surgeon-rumor.1199/page-2#post-17368
".... Michelle who is eager to trash Dr. Aceves for whatever reasons."

I would not be surprised if Michelle - who had an intimate relationship of some sort with Husted (she claimed) is trying to find Husted a place to land where his past won't be held against him - and how conVEEENient that Aceves is now dead, leaving a vacuum into which Husted can plop himself.

Proof Michelle is working for Dr. Juan Arellano – see this: http://drjuan.us/PATIENTINFOGUIDE.html

"When you decide to schedule, we do ask for a $700 refundable deposit to reserve your surgery date. This can be made in the form of a personal check (for deposit only) made out to Dr. Juan Arellano and mailed to:

Dr. Juan Arellano, MD
C/O Michelle Walsh
233 Paulin Ave #5370
Calexico, CA 92231"

"He claimed, in a recent deposition, that he went to Mexico to train a physician last year, or maybe it was early this year. The Park Sierra Drive address is the address for Mission Surgical, which is his new practice. He hasn’t been performing bariatric surgery. We believe, but have no proof, that it was because he’s been unable to get malpractice insurance with the lawsuits currently pending."

I can't help but wonder if the physician he was training was Arellanos, for whom Michelle Walsh (AKA MWG, wasabubblebutt, bariatricRN, mexicalimichelle, etc.) works. Arellanos was a partner of Aceves, but they had a rift of some sort (remember Michelle was dissing Aceves last year, saying he killed a patient? See Jackie's post here: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/scary-surgeon-rumor.1199/page-2#post-17368

I would not be surprised if Michelle - who had an intimate relationship of some sort with Husted (she claimed) is trying to find Husted a place to land where his past won't be held against him - and how conVEEENient that Aceves is now dead, leaving a vacuum into which Husted can plop himself.

Proof Michelle is working for Dr. Juan Arellano – see this: http://drjuan.us/PATIENTINFOGUIDE.html

"When you decide to schedule, we do ask for a $700 refundable deposit to reserve your surgery date. This can be made in the form of a personal check (for deposit only) made out to Dr. Juan Arellano and mailed to:

Dr. Juan Arellano, MD
C/O Michelle Walsh
233 Paulin Ave #5370
Calexico, CA 92231"

And MWG is short for MidWesternGirl, for any newbies out there.

Dr. Juan Arellano, MD
C/O Michelle Walsh
233 Paulin Ave #5370
Calexico, CA 92231"
Shit, are you a detective in your spare time??? ;)

Shit, are you a detective in your spare time??? ;)
She is...but lots of Husted's stuff is public record, so anyone with google skillz can get the info.

And MWG occasionally goes off on a rant and tells us all how wonderful she and her boyfriend/doctor/employer is.

With Husted, people kept posting about going off to surgery and finding out THAT DAY that Husted was no longer associated with that facility. That was not a one-time event.

But Diana is a PI...or knows a few...I'm sure of it.

LifePoint compliance officer is John Hill. Compliance Hotline is 1-877-508-5433.
Failing to release records is HIPAA violation as well as regulated by state law.

I will say it again and again!!! Thank you to the vets! I came back to OH in April of 2010 when I realized I had to have something done about my VBG. The first doctor I contacted was Husted. I had to leave a message and he contacted me himself. When I let it be known on OH I was warned that there might be a problem and he was moving around to much. It started a little war between the people who adored him and the ones like Diana and En that where hearing things they didn't like. I listened to the vets and couldn't be more thankful.
My heart goes out to all his patients and their families that are affected by his horrible decisions. I am very thankful that I am not one of them.

Thank you all so much!

I called LCRH and spoke with someone who answered the phone in records. I explained that I have appointments at the VA Medical Center in the morning (true story) with all new doctors who are very concerned about my wonky lab results and abdominal pain - and how I am sure that LCRH has sent the oft requested records to the VA a number of times - but they never make it to my doctors. She asked, "The VA does not upload those into your file?" and I sighed, "No, which boggles my mind. I am sure you have been hearing on the news about all the issues at the VA... Did you know that if I am traveling and have to be seen at a different VA, that they have no clue about my care elsewhere because each VA Medical Center is territorial and nothing is centralized? I have been advised that it is absolutely vital that I carry at least a copy of my surgical report with me at all times, just in case... so it can explain what the surgeon did if I cannot. And I couldn't this past weekend..." And thus, I now have faxed copies of my operative notes and discharge summary. (I did not fill out/sign/fax a request either...)

There is definitely stuff missing - I still have no clue what happened in recovery that had them send me to TCU (even Dr Husted had commented to me that I was not where he sent me off to), but this was a decent lottery win.

Thank you all so much!

I called LCRH and spoke with someone who answered the phone in records. I explained that I have appointments at the VA Medical Center in the morning (true story) with all new doctors who are very concerned about my wonky lab results and abdominal pain - and how I am sure that LCRH has sent the oft requested records to the VA a number of times - but they never make it to my doctors. She asked, "The VA does not upload those into your file?" and I sighed, "No, which boggles my mind. I am sure you have been hearing on the news about all the issues at the VA... Did you know that if I am traveling and have to be seen at a different VA, that they have no clue about my care elsewhere because each VA Medical Center is territorial and nothing is centralized? I have been advised that it is absolutely vital that I carry at least a copy of my surgical report with me at all times, just in case... so it can explain what the surgeon did if I cannot. And I couldn't this past weekend..." And thus, I now have faxed copies of my operative notes and discharge summary. (I did not fill out/sign/fax a request either...)

There is definitely stuff missing - I still have no clue what happened in recovery that had them send me to TCU (even Dr Husted had commented to me that I was not where he sent me off to), but this was a decent lottery win.
I, too, am a vet and you don't have to go very far...just out of one region and into another...and then it's like you never existed.

But then, for us enlisted swine, that's familiar as we didn't exist in the army either.

(I remember when my husband and I...both active duty...were threatened with Art. 15's if we didn't have our DEPENDENTS water our lawn at our base housing between 10:15 and 10:30 am on certain days. We were BOTH active duty, we were BOTH at work, we would have had to go AWOL or commit bigamy to add a stay-at-home dependent! But that wasn't addressed in the directive, so we were WRONG! LOL)

Gotta love the military.

I will say it again and again!!! Thank you to the vets! I came back to OH in April of 2010 when I realized I had to have something done about my VBG. The first doctor I contacted was Husted. I had to leave a message and he contacted me himself. When I let it be known on OH I was warned that there might be a problem and he was moving around to much. It started a little war between the people who adored him and the ones like Diana and En that where hearing things they didn't like. I listened to the vets and couldn't be more thankful.
My heart goes out to all his patients and their families that are affected by his horrible decisions. I am very thankful that I am not one of them.

We nagged you because we liked you and wanted you to stick around!!

"Lastly, take note of the fact that LCRH was recently identified as one of the worst hospitals in the country by Consumer Reports."

YIKES.

Thanks @Spiky Bugger. I really like all of you too! That is why I am so happy to see you posting again. I asked about you more than once on the other board. I can't imagine my life without all of you to keep me in line as I get older! If I get sick or anything my husband and son's have orders to get on here and let you know if I am not able. I know everyone hear would tell them what they would need to tell the doctors and help them through it it. I do have a packet of papers for them to give to doctors though.

I know... totally bumping up an old thread...

Today is my 6th Anniversary of my DS with Dr Husted. And... oy!

I ended up at Emergency Department at Emory University Hospital 2 months ago with severe abdominal pain. I thought I was going to die. The look on the doctors' faces in the ED when I said I had a DS with John Husted... they knew the name, eyes wide, et cetera. Long story short, my prognosis was poor, I ended up having emergency open abdominal surgery and spent 13 days at Emory. I now have to file another disability claim with the VA for Postgastrectomy Syndromes because they signed off on me going to Husted. I have adhesions, strictures, twists and turns, and it is a mess. At least now I have doctors who are following up, something Husted refused to do.

One of the nurses said that Lake Cumberland was less than helpful (none) giving them info about my surgery. I ended up with a wicked case of post-op amnesia so I remember very little.

I have to be careful what I say since this thread showed up in a public Google search for Husted.

I know... totally bumping up an old thread...

Today is my 6th Anniversary of my DS with Dr Husted. And... oy!

I ended up at Emergency Department at Emory University Hospital 2 months ago with severe abdominal pain. I thought I was going to die. The look on the doctors' faces in the ED when I said I had a DS with John Husted... they knew the name, eyes wide, et cetera. Long story short, my prognosis was poor, I ended up having emergency open abdominal surgery and spent 13 days at Emory. I now have to file another disability claim with the VA for Postgastrectomy Syndromes because they signed off on me going to Husted. I have adhesions, strictures, twists and turns, and it is a mess. At least now I have doctors who are following up, something Husted refused to do.

One of the nurses said that Lake Cumberland was less than helpful (none) giving them info about my surgery. I ended up with a wicked case of post-op amnesia so I remember very little.

I have to be careful what I say since this thread showed up in a public Google search for Husted.
Wow, what a mess! Sorry to hear this.

On information and belief, I'm pretty sure he's an incompetent ass...with bizarre personal problems. I'm sorry that the only way we can warn others is through the unfortunate experiences you and others have endured.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back