Dr Esquerra cost of revision from VSG to DS

If you go to MBC, you should find a Dr in your area for the follow up care - it took me a little while to find one, but I did. I never went back and did not have much contact with them after my surgery, but I have a great PCP and she took care of me. This forum was also helpful.

If you go to MBC, you should find a Dr in your area for the follow up care - it took me a little while to find one, but I did. I never went back and did not have much contact with them after my surgery, but I have a great PCP and she took care of me. This forum was also helpful.

Thank you for the info. I have just moved cities so will be making a careful choice of my new doctor.

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean that you showed up to the hospital prepared to pay $14,500 but were then only charged $8500? That would be amazing!

Also, you elected not to get re-sleeved? Can you explain how you (and your doctor?) decided that? Is there a certain size that has shown to be better for long term success? As an example, I can eat half of an average restaurant meal. Less if that is more dense protein.

And finally, how are you feeling?? I hope you have had an easy recovery and are feeling great.

I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner.

I was quoted $14,500 for the DS (with re sleeve) via email when I first talked with MBC. I delayed in my decision about scheduling with them for a few days and received another email this time quoting $11,000 (with re sleeve).

However, I was not sure that I wanted a re sleeve. It was determined that based on my x-rays and barium study (that was scheduled to be done the day before surgery once I arrived at MBC) that we would decide from there.

Based on my tests, we went forward with the re sleeve. Dr. Wilhelmy indicated that the original sleeve was "woefully inadequate." The bougie was too large during the original VSG and the shape was not adequate.

So, I talked with the medical team and my husband and decided to have the re sleeve completed too.

I am feeling pretty good. It certainly is a learning curve as far as what my stomach can tolerate one day vs. the next.

Best wishes to you

I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner.

I was quoted $14,500 for the DS (with re sleeve) via email when I first talked with MBC. I delayed in my decision about scheduling with them for a few days and received another email this time quoting $11,000 (with re sleeve).

However, I was not sure that I wanted a re sleeve. It was determined that based on my x-rays and barium study (that was scheduled to be done the day before surgery once I arrived at MBC) that we would decide from there.

Based on my tests, we went forward with the re sleeve. Dr. Wilhelmy indicated that the original sleeve was "woefully inadequate." The bougie was too large during the original VSG and the shape was not adequate.

So, I talked with the medical team and my husband and decided to have the re sleeve completed too.

I am feeling pretty good. It certainly is a learning curve as far as what my stomach can tolerate one day vs. the next.

Best wishes to you

Thank you so much for the info. I'm getting more sure of my decision everyday.

All the best.

Latest posts

Back