Dr Esquerra cost of revision from VSG to DS

MissSteppy

Hello,

I'm new here and very happy to have been directed to this forum of wealth and knowledge! So much fantastic information.

I am from Canada and wanting a revision from VSG to DS. Chances are I will not be approved for a revision to DS because well, it's almost impossible to get one here. There is one doctor in Ontario who does it.

So I'm looking to see if anyone here would be willing to share what the cost was for a revision from VSG to DS with dr Esquerra in Mexico?

Thanks for your time!

I am from Canada and wanting a revision from VSG to DS. Chances are I will not be approved for a revision to DS because well, it's almost impossible to get one here. There is one doctor in Ontario who does it.

Dr Gagner in Montreal does it. It will be about CAD15K-19K.

Hi! Good to see you here. Now that I know you're in Canada, I agree with @harrietvane that Dr. Gagner in Montreal is also an alternative for you, though Dr. Esquerra is probably less expensive.

Hi! Good to see you here. Now that I know you're in Canada, I agree with @harrietvane that Dr. Gagner in Montreal is also an alternative for you, though Dr. Esquerra is probably less expensive.

Hello Larra,

Thank you for directing me here. So much great info!

I am in Canada but money as always is a factor. I will see what they say about price and go from there.

The cost of revision from VSG to DS (I had mine in September) at MBC was $8500. IF you get a re sleeve, it's $11,000. Those rates were significantly lower than the original quote I was given by MBC of $14,500.

Consider Dr. Wilhelmy at MBC in addition to Dr. Esquerra. He is excellent

The cost of revision from VSG to DS (I had mine in September) at MBC was $8500. IF you get a re sleeve, it's $11,000. Those rates were significantly lower than the original quote I was given by MBC of $14,500.

Consider Dr. Wilhelmy at MBC in addition to Dr. Esquerra. He is excellent

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean that you showed up to the hospital prepared to pay $14,500 but were then only charged $8500? That would be amazing!

Also, you elected not to get re-sleeved? Can you explain how you (and your doctor?) decided that? Is there a certain size that has shown to be better for long term success? As an example, I can eat half of an average restaurant meal. Less if that is more dense protein.

And finally, how are you feeling?? I hope you have had an easy recovery and are feeling great.

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean that you showed up to the hospital prepared to pay $14,500 but were then only charged $8500? That would be amazing!

Also, you elected not to get re-sleeved? Can you explain how you (and your doctor?) decided that? Is there a certain size that has shown to be better for long term success? As an example, I can eat half of an average restaurant meal. Less if that is more dense protein.

And finally, how are you feeling?? I hope you have had an easy recovery and are feeling great.
As far as resleeving, unless it was made wrong, don't do it. The sleeve only jump starts the weight loss, the switch part is what keeps it off.

Mexcali Baractric Center changes it's prices around a little to develop promotions, but the price that they will take is about the same. It's between $10K and $11K for a virgin DS and around $8K for a revision. I don't follow the revision prices as closesly. It was not $14.5k That was the pricing they gave someone so MBC could add a discount.

As far as resleeving, unless it was made wrong, don't do it. The sleeve only jump starts the weight loss, the switch part is what keeps it off.

I see what you are saying. But of course I need to lose about 100 lbs. I wonder if the malabsorption is enough to hopefully achieve that goal?

Mexcali Baractric Center changes it's prices around a little to develop promotions, but the price that they will take is about the same. It's between $10K and $11K for a virgin DS and around $8K for a revision. I don't follow the revision prices as closesly. It was not $14.5k That was the pricing they gave someone so MBC could add a discount.

Gotcha. That's a very reasonable price. Have you also had a DS with Mexicali?

Yep, I had my DS with Dr Esquerra. It is a good price, you can do it for less, but I was not condifent about the care of the less expensive options. This was the best decision I ever made.

Here is a video that really helps you understand the process.

Yep, I had my DS with Dr Esquerra. It is a good price, you can do it for less, but I was not condifent about the care of the less expensive options. This was the best decision I ever made.

Here is a video that really helps you understand the process.

I love hearing about these success stories. Makes me feel I am moving in the right direction. At the end of the video (which was great btw) she mentions she will be back next year. Does that mean there is yearly follow up in Mexico after DS surgery?

There was no follow up visit mentioned to me by MBC. I think the only people who go back are for lap band fills... but lap bands are bad news.

Latest posts

Back