1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

Doing well right now...I think.

Discussion in 'Sharing My Journey' started by LorraineC, Apr 25, 2017.

LorraineC

LorraineC Well-Known Member

I have tried lemon and a bit of lime. It honestly doesn't matter what drink it is, unless my stomach is 'coated' with protein first, it hurts for some reason. I get my fluids in by making coffee and putting premier protein in it or by drinking 1/2 a protein shake, then water, then the shake again.

LorraineC

Thanks for that!
    I definitely will look for a fruit infuser water bottle. I miss fruit :(

LorraineC

Heartburn and like a 'blockage' is permanently in my throat, no matter how much I take. Premier is my breakfast as well, because of gym time in the morning. Thank you!

LorraineC

Ouch, sounds painful. Sorry to hear that.

Butterfly

Butterfly Well-Known Member

I hope every day gets a little bit better.

LorraineC likes this.
    DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

Actually, Liz you're right - but the fact is,
    Nexium (esomeprazole) is essentially the same as Prilosec (omeprazole) - Prilosec is comprised of two mirror image molecules, with identical composition but different stereochemistry (think of how your left and right hands are related to each other). Due to the chemical synthetic mechanism, both forms of the molecule are made in the process of manufacture, but only one of the forms (the S-form (for sinister, Latin for left, based on chemical nomenclature) as opposed to the R-form (rectus = right), is functional (think of how useless a left handed glove would be to someone with only a right hand), so 40 mg of Prilosec only has 20 mg of the functional S-omeprazole.

AstraZeneca figured out a clever way to synthesize/separate the purified S-omeprazole (esomeprazole, get it?) - and proved that it was actually unexpectedly a bit more effective than the mixed (or racemic) form (probably because the R-form interferes with uptake of the active S-form at a receptor, or something like that). So they got another patent on the purified form.

A little bit of hype and a little bit of actually difference in effectiveness on a mg for mg basis - but if Prilosec stopped working for me at 80 mg, I HIGHLY doubt that Nexium would be more effective - just a more expensive form of the same active ingredient.

LorraineC and southernlady like this.