Dipping into the Probiotic Pool

15 days of this nightmare so far. I am 14 years out and I have never had gas like this before!

Okay, so how many is "a few?" And might you consider cutting that dose by a half or even a third?

ETA--> I recall that you are a thrifty shopper, so just in case:
All Puritan’s Pride products come with a one-year satisfaction guarantee, less shipping and handling charges. In order to initiate a refund, you’ll need to contact customer service at (800) 645-1030.

Dr k told me that if you take a probiotic and it upsets your gut for a week or two that you needed those strains of bugs and they were fighting a battle. If you take a different strain and no initial discomfort stop taking it and try another because your gut biome already had that strain.

Dr Caya who is very well researched in this area says that he doesn't buy any because home made yogurt is as good of a source of probiotic that you can get. Naturally I am too lazy to make my own but he has a recipe that I bet is posted on here somewhere.

Dr k told me that if you take a probiotic and it upsets your gut for a week or two that you needed those strains of bugs and they were fighting a battle. If you take a different strain and no initial discomfort stop taking it and try another because your gut biome already had that strain.

Dr Caya who is very well researched in this area says that he doesn't buy any because home made yogurt is as good of a source of probiotic that you can get. Naturally I am too lazy to make my own but he has a recipe that I bet is posted on here somewhere.
I hope he is right!!!

very interesting, I wonder how well store-bought yogurt stacks up?

Any idea where I can find these specific probiotics? I looked but no luck. Have you ever seen these?

akkermansia muciniphila

christensenella minuta

I'm game, unless they are really expensive. and maybe even if they are. :cautious:

I'm googling them.

Probiotics curb obesity

but you can't buy them, you have to eat prebiotics and grow them, apparently - OK, I'm gave for that, too.

There are ongoing clinical trials about the importance of the "microbiome" in obesity. It's not just probiotics but fecal bacteria too. Fat people have different microbiomes than thin people. Fecal transplants from an overweight woman turned a thin woman into an overweight one. This is groundbreaking research and if I was having trouble miantaining after DS, I would be looking into it. It's a little gross to think about, but probiotics may not be enough.

These are trials that you might consider.
Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes & Weight Management

There are ongoing clinical trials about the importance of the "microbiome" in obesity. It's not just probiotics but fecal bacteria too. Fat people have different microbiomes than thin people. Fecal transplants from an overweight woman turned a thin woman into an overweight one. This is groundbreaking research and if I was having trouble miantaining after DS, I would be looking into it. It's a little gross to think about, but probiotics may not be enough.

These are trials that you might consider.
Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes & Weight Management

I think that ongoing research into gut biomes will soon allow the isolation of many of the microbes that constitute a "healthy gut," and the actual "fecal" part of the fecal microbiota transplant will no longer be necessary. Maybe.

These are supposed to make you lose weight. Skinny people have lots of these and fat people don't.
What I learned from reading studies on probiotics for helping weight loss and kidney stones, is that we cant even buy the strains they are often researching. They initially got many of the strains from poop, so maybe our poop eating dogs are onto something.

What I learned from reading studies on probiotics for helping weight loss and kidney stones, is that we cant even buy the strains they are often researching. They initially got many of the strains from poop, so maybe our poop eating dogs are onto something.

I read that MDs got the idea from Vets who got the idea from dogs and other mammals.

Latest posts

Back