Did it! I'm switched

JPreiss

i was convinced something would prevent me from getting the surgery. A month ago I had diverticulitis, 2 weeks ago shingles and then the day before I left my ex, who is supposed to be watching the kids, got in a car accident. Luckily not too serious.

Surgery was Monday and this is the first day I feel half human. Slept from my 7:30 am surgery to midnight the first day and then since then was in a foggy twilight world of not being asleep or awake. Would get up trudge up and down the halls, blow on the ball thing and then lie down in my twilight world until an hour later and then do it again.

I have no idea how anyone can post in the first day or two, I was a zombie. And good lord, the pain. Feels like a horse kicked me in the stomach. In addition to the DS I had my gallbladder and appendix removed. Apparently I had some large stones so that was a good call.

They gave me a sleeping pill last night which helped a lot. I feel rested now. I believe today is the blue dye test, drinking water, taking a shower, yay.

So glad to have discovered this board to read from all the vets who paved the way and got through it.

Congratulations! I don't know how anyone posts the first couple days either. Just focus on walking and hydration and you'll do fine.

Glad to hear that you are progressing normally.

I arrived in Mexicali today and had my pre-op tests. All were very quick. If I knew where you were, I would have stopped by to say hello.

My VSG to DS, without resleeve, is tomorrow with Dr Esquerra.

I just had my resleeve and switch last Friday, and I have no idea how any posts either. The first 48 hours were rough! Now I'm 6 days out and feel so much better. Congrats on your surgery and to every day feeling better!

Glad to hear that you are progressing normally.

I arrived in Mexicali today and had my pre-op tests. All were very quick. If I knew where you were, I would have stopped by to say hello.

My VSG to DS, without resleeve, is tomorrow with Dr Esquerra.
Glad to have met you briefly this morning and hope your surgery today and recovery over the next few days goes swimmingly!

Latest posts

Back