Diana Cox, the most amazing advocate and support person ever!

Drink the broth - it washes the nasty off the back of your tongue and esophagus and you have to drink after swallowing the Suprep anyway. I didn't know that salt trick though - great trick!

($575/hr - good guesses! That's my billing rate, not my take-home! And I probably work about 60% more hours than I can bill.)
Why can't you bill all your hours? Total aside, but I'm curious

Why can't you bill all your hours? Total aside, but I'm curious
There is a buttload of work that just can't be billed. Reviewing and sending bills, and writing cover letters for them; managing my docket; reading new law; managing a person who reports to me and some of the work involved in reviewing his work; the time wasted in working on a logey, crash-prone, online system instead of having physical files in front of me and a secretary to handle markups on paper; firm meetings and CLE courses; travel arrangements (I just don't trust anyone else to know my quirks and interest in keeping costs down); client maintenance and development (schmoozing difficult clients; finding new ones - which I should do more of); and often, when I'm working on a response, I spend time going down one possible legal/scientific/intellectual path of argumentation, only to discover that it won't work, or isn't the best way - and I don't feel right billing for that (and our clients will scream if the bills are higher than what is expected/prenegotiated). So, 1000 billed hours reflects many more working unbillable hours.

OTOH, I don't have to drive to work, or even get dressed to work, most days. My most productive hours are from 5 PM to 1 AM, and I can do that most of the time. It's not ideal, but in some ways, it's pretty good.

I love Diana (and Larra) too! I'm going to be switched in 15 days and I would not have persevered if it were not for Diana and Larra. The pages and pages of crap they read for me... it's incredible. I hope I can pay-it-forward some day! XOXOXOXOXO

And I DON'T believe Diana is a girly- girl. NO WAY!

I was glad to read this thread. Knowing that Diana is a lawyer helps me understand where she is coming from. This is a generalization, but most lawyers I know are great at confrontation and laying it on the line (if the occasion calls for it). What come through (to me) is that she is an advocate for helping those of us who need to learn as much as we can about the DS surgery. Gruff compassion!

Latest posts

Back