Devastating news about Shannon/Obit added

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Devastating news about Shannon @shann

I'm trying not to cry, my hands are shaking like crazy but I need to post this:

From her brother's FB page:
There is no easy way to say this so here goes. Shannon died monday from a brain bleed. She was in the hospital for dehydration when this occurred. My heart is broken in so many pieces I don't know how to go on but we must. As I know more informaton about services will try to keep people in the loop. Love you all.
R.I.P
Shannon Amick Hancock
1970-2015

Shannon.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear this - I have missed seeing her posts for the last many months.

When this all settles down, I hope we can get some information about whether her death was in any way related to her DS, or if it was something else entirely, e.g., she had an unrelated and unsuspected aneurysm. Noting that she was in the hospital for dehydration, it would also be helpful to know whether that was related to the DS, and whether it precipitated the bleed.

My condolences to her family.

Devastating news about Shannon @shann

I'm trying not to cry, my hands are shaking like crazy but I need to post this:

From her brother's FB page:
There is no easy way to say this so here goes. Shannon died monday from a brain bleed. She was in the hospital for dehydration when this occurred. My heart is broken in so many pieces I don't know how to go on but we must. As I know more informaton about services will try to keep people in the loop. Love you all.
R.I.P
Shannon Amick Hancock
1970-2015

View attachment 679
@southernlady, I am so sorry. I am new here so I did not know Shannon, but what a devastating and sorrowful time for her family. I saw on her fb page a picture with her young daughter in June, they were so excited that the girl, Lily, would be spending a month at camp in France. My kids and I will be praying especially for Lily.

@southernlady, I am so sorry. I am new here so I did not know Shannon, but what a devastating and sorrowful time for her family. I saw on her fb page a picture with her young daughter in June, they were so excited that the girl, Lily, would be spending a month at camp in France. My kids and I will be praying especially for Lily.
According to her friend's posts, Lily is still in France.

She was about 6 months further along than I was. She had hit the 5 year mark on the 6th of July.

So sorry to hear. I don't know that I knew her but very sad.

I am so very sorry! She will be missed. My condolences to her family and loved ones.

Oh no! I am so sorry to read this. I missed her posts. I hope she passed comfortably and that her family have lots of support. :(

Latest posts

Back