Denis' post op journey

I have noticed the runny nose. I didn't realize that was an indicator of fullness. Now I know.

And I should also clarify about the "Throwing the schedule out the window" in my earlier post. That is only for food.
I am still on a schedule for supplements and I still crack open a protein drink first thing in the morning. Those two things help me get everything in -- especially if I get that first protein drink in right when I wake up.

I have noticed the runny nose. I didn't realize that was an indicator of fullness. Now I know.

And I should also clarify about the "Throwing the schedule out the window" in my earlier post. That is only for food.
I am still on a schedule for supplements and I still crack open a protein drink first thing in the morning. Those two things help me get everything in -- especially if I get that first protein drink in right when I wake up.
Being on a schedule for VITAMINS/MINERALS makes sense. I just don't follow a schedule for food!

Okay, the protein drink first thing...works for some, doesn't for others.

Each person has to find what works for them. If I drink one before lunch, my day is shot getting real food in. And at 4.5 years out, I try to aim for nothing BUT real food. The sleeve part of my DS may have other ideas, I suffer from "tiny tummy syndrome" more days than I like and usually the only way to get ALL my protein in on those days is to add the protein drink...but it's always after lunch or even after dinner.

So I woke up this morning, 13 days out from my surgery and for some reason I feel really good. I was able to slip into my tied sneakers for the first time in years without the back end bending down and annoying the crap out of me, where I'd have to ask my wife for help putting them on. The Surgery entries on by belly aren't bothering me nearly as much as yesterday. I don't know I just feel good. Oh yes, I took 2 Flintstones complete vitamins because that's what my doctors want me to take, however before everyone goes ape on me, I am aware that at some point I will need to transition to a proper vitamin schedule. I already ordered all the information from Vitalady on the DS surgery, when I went to purchase a month supply they were on backorder so I just followed the doctors advice for now until I could make a proper order.

Just so you know...when I was in the hospital, they gave me Flintstones, too and sent me home with a little bottle of them with enough to get me through the first week. I had others at home that I had purchased pre-op, but I took the Flintstones until they were gone. They were gentler on my stomach. You will be just fine as long as you don't depend on them for a long-term supplement.

So I woke up this morning, 13 days out from my surgery and for some reason I feel really good. I was able to slip into my tied sneakers for the first time in years without the back end bending down and annoying the crap out of me, where I'd have to ask my wife for help putting them on. The Surgery entries on by belly aren't bothering me nearly as much as yesterday. I don't know I just feel good. Oh yes, I took 2 Flintstones complete vitamins because that's what my doctors want me to take, however before everyone goes ape on me, I am aware that at some point I will need to transition to a proper vitamin schedule. I already ordered all the information from Vitalady on the DS surgery, when I went to purchase a month supply they were on backorder so I just followed the doctors advice for now until I could make a proper order.
Flintstones are better than nothing I guess.

I know it is very normal to worry about vitamins and everything right after surgery, but I guarantee you that you do not need to worry at all about vitamins until close to a month out and then you introduce them slowly. Your body will do fine and you will get on a schedule as your new stomach can tolerate the vitamins. We all worried, but you will look back and think to yourself, "hey, I didn't get in a ton of vitamins or nutrients early on but guess what, I made it".

:D

Latest posts

Back