Day 20 DS Crab Dip

Brandy

Freddled gruntbuggly
Twenty day's after surgery is when a person can finally eat soft foods. I was on the liver hardening diet for 3 weeks before surgery, so its more like 50 days since normalcy and I was really wanting for serious comfort food. In my old life this would have been Mac and Cheese day, but I'm not even going to try noodles for a while. But in a flash of insight I remember a warm cheesy crab dip that was so good that if I had remembered it pre-surgery, it would have been number #83 of reasons to get a DS. You have to have a DS to be able to enjoy this dip guilt free.

I had this last night and my world has been made right again.

ASIAGO DIP WITH CRAB

This is a simplified, blander version that is the perfect soft food for recovery from anything. For a party version I would spice it up with green onions, sun-dried tomato sprinkles, sliced mushrooms and some pepper. Depending upon the quality of the crab, (nothing is better than fresh Dungeness) I might add garlic, old bay seasoning, and maybe a little habanero but it is all too easy to overwhelm even imitation crab flavor. This dip is best the second day and giving the flavors time to meld will help bring out the crab flavor.​

3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup asiago cheese, grated
1 lbs crab (or less to taste)
salt to taste​

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Squeeze excess water out of crabmeat.
3. Reserve a big handful of the Asiago Cheese.
4. Combine the ingredients into a 1-quart casserole.
5. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Grab a fork and enjoy the six bites.

Luckily this can be frozen and carefully reheated. Or just given to your care takers with your thanks. Before WLS I would have never imagined a world where this dip wouldn't be gone in hours one way or the other.

Latest posts

Back