David D. Kim Texas malpractice

Spiky Bugger

Since two members of his fan club are wandering around the internet telling folks how wonderful he is, those who might be interested can read the whole thing here:
http://www.themundyfirm.com/blog/2013/05/03/medical-malpractice-expert-report-125342

A couple of highlights:

...claims against Kim concern his misconduct and participation in a cover-up intended to cause Hoyt and his family to believe that Kristine's death was caused by a pre- existing condition rather than the negligence of her healthcare providers. Cooperman opined that Kim breached the standard of care when he re-dictated his operative report after the surgery in an attempt to avoid responsibility for a fatal technical error, and created an operative report that inaccurately documented his operative findings. In particular, Cooperman explained Kim's report stated Kristine's aorta was "tortious," even though subsequent autopsy findings showed the aorta was normal. Cooperman also stated that Kim's operative report repeatedly referred to the aortic injury as a "rupture," but Cooperman stated the "stellate injury" seen upon opening Kristin's abdomen is what would be expected from a trocar injury. According to Cooperman, no reasonable surgeon could have concluded there was any possible cause for Kristine's fatal aortic injury other than trocar injury.

And at this point, I'm glad that Tiffani and JoAnn stopped by to praise his skills, because that caused us to locate this link.

Wait... He punctured this person's abdominal aorta with a trocar and she bled out/died?

Wow! The aorta is pretty tough/thick. This is not an easy mistake to make.

She apparently bled out, died and then he lied about the cause and rewrote his surgical report.

What a guy.

It's always the cover-up that gets ya in the end.

Yup...like on the house we just bought. The seller's disclosure form had "Yes" to "Roof Problems" checked. But the (required) explanation was that the seller bought it at auction and never lived in the house and therefore, knew NOTHING about any problems that existed prior to or since his ownership.

So...the other day I was looking for a "before" photo of the property to send to Diana, and Google had recently (and after we became the owners) updated their Street View...which now showed the agent's sign in front of the house, a workman taking a break in the garage and a whole bunch of roof tiles (maybe 150-200 sq ft "here" and a similar amount "over there" were removed, in an attempt to either fix the problem that they said they had no knowledge of, OR...more likely since they were lying about it...CONCEAL the problem. Uhm...DISCLOSURE is the magic word in real estate. There were other issues that they tried to hide as well. But we found them, too.

A complaint was filed (this was the seller's agent, not mine...mine was just a bimbo), and a case was opened, and that agent has a bunch of "'xplainin" to do. And, given her history of having been fined $10k for...

Action: As salesperson, executed listing and referral fee agreements as broker or on behalf of broker without the broker’s consent. Acted in the capacity of broker and materially misrepresented herself as a broker without the required broker’s license; conducted licensed activities in a manner which constitute deceit, fraud or dishonest dealing.

Stipulation: Agrees to pay fine of $10,000 within 12 months; complete 6 hours of “What Every Licensee Should Know 2010” and 6 hours of live “Ethics” designated continuing education within 6 months with no credits towards license renewal or reinstatement.

...I wonder if the state will feel that a more impressive remedy is required this time.

What's funny is that we have owned several fixer upper houses and they don't scare us. My Hinkey Meter was going off and we decided to just go ahead and replace the whole roof since we couldn't find any good information on the roof. Even our inspector was confused because of the concealment. If they had just said that the roof needed replacing, that would have been that and we could have haggled over the price some more. But we probably would have bought it anyway...we were tired of looking, we had money invested in the appraisal and inspection, we wanted a pool before summer, and the next cheapest house that met the same criteria was about $30k more. A roof was <$7k. A no-brainer from my viewpoint.

Instead, they lied. Like the good doctor above. I'm sure they ALL thought that would solve their problems, but the sad reality is that the lie made everything way, way worse.

You'd think a grown-up would know.

I am still cackling over the idea of someone trying to lie to Sue.

As well as how she found the smoking gun on Google Maps, including the roofing job in progress, workman in the garage - and the REALTORS sign prominantly displayed, together with the date the pic was taken. Priceless and classic Sue.

I am still cackling over the idea of someone trying to lie to Sue.

As well as how she found the smoking gun on Google Maps, including the roofing job in progress, workman in the garage - and the REALTORS sign prominantly displayed, together with the date the pic was taken. Priceless and classic Sue.
Not exactly a great accomplishment on my part. My total contribution was to put my address into Google and the hit "Street View."

And, fwiw, people lie to me all the time. And mostly, I can't PROVE that they are lying. And I don't know how to read those micro clues...twitches and tics and mini-smiles...but a little alarm goes off inside and I am on alert to recognize inconsistencies. Like when someone says in one email, "I paid my rent," and then in another says something about "catching up" or some other phrase that essentially admits that the rent wasn't paid. (I don't remember the exact wording right now.). But once the Hinkey Meter goes off, I'm usually more alert to those "tells."

I'm getting better at it, since I have a great teacher. But I had a LOT of improving to do.

Like, not noticing that a HOSPICE nurse from FLORIDA (where hospice nurses are highly valued and rare commodities) telling me that she was blackballed from working in her county by the meanie-rat old-boys club of JCers, because she was SUCH a wonderful nurse that she made the others look bad, MAYBE should have been something to look into further before letting her move into my house (after which she proceeded to NOT pay rent for nearly a year and refused to leave until we evicted her, and left a trashed room that my husband is still repairing).

Now, someone more suspicious and observant MIGHT have considered a more PLAUSIBLE reason that a HOSPICE nurse would be blackballed in FLORIDA. In retrospect, there are quite a few more plausible reasons that one can think of, even if it is impossible or at least impractical at this point in time to find the truth.

For example - and this is JUST a guess, mind you, and I have NO hard evidence for this - her employers MIGHT have discovered that she was stealing narcotics, and - not wanting to get the police involved, because that would alert the families of the patients whom she had "cared" for that their loved ones might have died in agony due to the nurse stealing the narcotics, which would have resulted in law suits and bankruptcy and ruined businesses for the nursing registry and hospice companies - they manufactured a reason to fire her and let her know she was getting off easy, but she would never be hired in that county or anywhere else if they had any say in it. It makes more sense than what I was told, but I was completely oblivious to the incongruity of what she said.

Note - there is a reason I am not a litigator, and enjoy working in a field of law where I am essentially COMPELLED to tell the truth, even at the expense of my client (if the patent applicant or attorney learns about prior art that the patent Examiner would find to make their patent claims unpatentable, they MUST disclose the reference to the Examiner - or the patent is invalid and the attorney can lose their license). It is SO much easier to always tell the truth than to have to lie and then remember what you lied about! And I cannot automatically notice that someone is lying to me - I have to force myself to consider the possibility and I usually fail to do so.

so, how do we get this thread about the surgeon Dr. David Kim from Texas to come up in a google search?

because so far it's not.

OK - if I search on what's in bold, comes up on page 5...could be worse

Try these words...ONLY these words...

David Kim Texas malpractice

The more words you add to a search, the more bad matches come up. I got back three "health grades" responses...those are worthless...and then the one from Mundy.

Latest posts

Back