1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

Current list of known RNY (or lapband) to DS surgeons

Discussion in 'Revisions' started by southernlady, Jun 17, 2014.

Elizabeth N.

Elizabeth N. Herder of cats

RNY to DS?

Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

Elizabeth N. likes this.
    Velvetkiss

Velvetkiss Taking it One Day at a Time

Yes I had a Lap Band to DS revision with Dr Inman, I know she does the revisions to DS, I believe RNY to DS revision also, but I am not positive. You could call her office and ask specifically if she does the RNY to DS revision and how many she has done. She is very willing to give you her number of surgeries.

Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

@DianaCox it's noticed you are not a fan of David Greenbaum. Would you tell me why? Thanks.

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

He has had some serious complications and then stopped doing the RNY to DS in many cases, and pushing ERNY instead. I base my side-eye about that on the fact that Rabkin and Keshishian don't ever do that - they revise to DS, period, in almost EVERY case.

Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I met with him last week and he agreed to do r n y to DS. I altered some of his paperwork to clearly state DS only. Obviously I have yet to sign consent form but will alter to be clear I want DS only. Should I be worried?

Sorry about the italics and underlying. Don't know why it's doing that. Thanks for your thoughts.

DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

I would be very very VERY specific with him. If he opens you up and doubts he can do a proper sleeve on you, he should be instructed to STOP and back out and you'll find someone else.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Saw this on OH posted by Majormom:
    So added him to the list on first page.

Dawn7612

Dawn7612 New Member

This is from Dr. marchesini today

"I don't do RNY to DS anymore due to high incidence of leakage.
    If you are interested in RNY to BPD or RNY to Distal RNY I will be glad to help you.
    Get in touch with me through jbmarchesini and he said his email.

Dawn7612

Dawn7612 New Member

Does anyone know me have some
    Ideas of self pay RNY to Ds costs?

SJB41976

SJB41976 Well-Known Member

@DianaCox are you just concerned with RNY to DS revisions with Greenbaum or in general needing to be specific with what you get? Do you feel/know he has more complications than other vetted surgeons? I would be a VSG to DS revision. Thanks for the info!

Dawn7612

Dawn7612 New Member

Sorry. No I would like any info on any veteran surgeons for conversion to Ds from RNY. And I am understanding you saying greenbaum has concerns.

Seabreeze06

Seabreeze06 New Member

@southernlady I live in NC and i see that you mentioned a surgeon in VA. Do you have any information on him in regards to his reputation....VA is not that far from NC in the event I have to change my surgeon.

Quan likes this.
    southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Dr. Elariny is an excellent surgeon. @OldBroad had him for her DS.

OldBroad

OldBroad Well-Known Member

Dr. Elariny is an excellent surgeon. I don't know anything about revisions, though. I had my DS (plus umbilical hernia repair and gall bladder removal) in April and I'm doing pretty well, with no complications.