Current list of known RNY to DS surgeons

Okay, I am gonna mention Dr. Boyce as a RNY to DS revision surgeon. When I asked back last July (2013) for his information so I could pass it along, this was what I got back, My question in black. Her answer in Red.
Got this from his Office Manager, Robin is his nurse:

There is a list of Duodenal Switch patients from ALL over the country who help others learn about this particular surgery and which surgeons do the procedure.

I want to add Dr. Boyce to that list but we need a few details if you don't mind answering.

1) About how many DS surgeries has he done (not the practice but him) just over 500.

2) Complication rate? 10%

3) Where did he learn the skill to do a DS? Who was his mentor? Dr. Smith in Atlanta and thru 24 years of experience with Weight Loss surgery.

Robin said he has done revisions (lap band to DS or RNY to DS.), yes both

4) About how many revisions to a DS has he done. 155

5) Where did he learn to do that revision? Self taught in private practice Dr. Boyce is currently a faculty member for the Ethicon Education Program for both DS and Revisions. He teaches courses for physicians as well as having surgeons come to our practice to learn the procedure.
Hi, Where is Dr. Boyce located Please and Thank You?

Dr. Boyce's main site link is in my signature ==> http://www.newlifebariatricsurgery.com/
Thanks for the info @southernlady - this is really great to know because when I had my RNY - Dr. Boyce was only offering the RNY and lapband. The DS wasn't an option. And I've had relatively great success with the RNY - but it's nice to know there's another option if down the road....a revision is ever needed. So thanks for that!

J.

Dr. Boyce's main site link is in my signature ==> http://www.newlifebariatricsurgery.com/
Thanks for the info @southernlady - this is really great to know because when I had my RNY - Dr. Boyce was only offering the RNY and lapband. The DS wasn't an option. And I've had relatively great success with the RNY - but it's nice to know there's another option if down the road....a revision is ever needed. So thanks for that!

J.
@MsJacquiiC, you are welcome!

Hi, I am a 'revision' patient of Dr. Ayoola from Frisco and Denton, TX. I had VSG in Feb 2012, and lost about 30 pounds - not nearly enough. And, there was no resolution to my diabetes. When I learned about the DS, I checked with all DFW Docs who claim to do the DS. My choice - Dr. Ayoola. Because I had a known issue with adhesions and scar tissue, Dr. A was cautious. He was concerned that a DS would have to be done open - which was okay to me. And was even a bit concerned that he might not even be able to do it at all. Dr. A was always totally open and honest with me - and let me know my situation would be a challenge.

The result? Awesome. The first 60 - 90 minutes of the surgery were to remove adhesions and scar tissue. Dr. A did re-sleeve me (which means, in lay terms, that my stomach had previously been too large to have much restriction). Left my CC at 125 cm. I was in the hospital a couple extra days because I did have a blockage in my stomach (hematoma), which Dr. A cleared during an EGD.

My personal bias, definitely - but I have every confidence in Dr. A. I trust what he says, and know he is always open and honest. If anything, he under-promises and over-delivers. When I had the blockage complication, he came to the hospital the night before the EGD procedure, to talk with me and tell me what the potential issues/causes were. This is the type of Doctor I always want.

Dr. Keshishian, located in California

Dr. Rabkin, located in California

Dr. Simper, located in Utah

Dr. Elariny, located in Virginia

Dr. Roslin, located in New York

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Of course, the above doctors are in the United States

Dr. Baltasar, located in Spain

Dr. Marchesini, located in Brazil

Dr. Gagner in Canada and Dr. Greenbaum are also experienced surgeons, but please use caution, and RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

What about David Greenbaum in NJ? I've tried to search his name but not much comes up. Any thoughts evil be greatly appreciated.

He is selective about his revisions
That's supposed to be. . . any thoughts WILL be greatly appreciated.
He is selective about his revisions and you will need to be very proactive about your supplements and labs, not trusting him to get it right.

if he is unwilling to commit to a DS, go elsewhere, but not in NJ.

When I am nearer to surgery-- if he agrees-- I will come back here for vitamins and supplements. Do you know if he has a support group? Are there any support groups in NJ?

He has a support group of sorts, or better said his hospital does. It is not DS specific and is probably mostly RNY and sleeve. I am unaware of any DS friendly 3d support groups in NJ. I'm always happy to meet up in person if you'd like. There's a gal from Vincentown on another group who might also be interested.

EN-- somewhere on this site I found a list of abbreviations. Cant seem to relocate it. Could you tell me where to find it? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back