Cramps

newanatomy

I am two weeks and one day post-op.

Ok, so for 2 and 1/2 days now I have had terrible stomach cramps. It is almost like a spasm. It's definitely in my stomach but bowels too. The night before last, I was up till 5:00 a.m. with cramping and vomiting. Yesterday and today, it is just a major nuisance but no vomiting at least. Tylenol does not seem to help.

The cramps come on strong for about 60 seconds then it passes, about 5 minutes later, wham I get hit again.

I am not on any supplements yet so that is not the culprit. My food intake is still mostly liquid and low/no carb. No milk.

Suggestions for relief?

Can you ask your doctor for ativan? Worked well for my daughter after she had her sleeve.

I think a call to the doctor's office is in order, NA - unless someone else has a better idea...

I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
I got nuthin'...except to use the phone. Horrible pain, cramping, vomiting, up all night...you need to let your doctor know.

(I figure that the reason that a couple hours of surgery costs more than $100 is that they have to deal with these calls.)

I agree about talking to your doctor. Could be your stomach spasming, gall stones, or maybe bile duct spasms... or maybe something else.

Thank you all so much. If I am not completely over the cramps on Monday, I will give the doc a call.

I am still able to hydrate and eat a bit.

Not gal-stones, I had my gal-bladder out in 2008.

I called Dr. Simper. He said he doesn't know what it is. He told me to push fluids. If it gets worse/doesn't get better to go to the emergency room.

The thing I would be concerned about is the possibility of an obstruction or partial obstruction. If that's the case you don't want to mess around with that.

I "googled" stomach spasms and it may be related to acid reflux. I started some omeprazole a couple of days ago, blessed relief today.

It's true about Ativan having muscle relaxing properties. I had a dear friend who had a problem with muscle spasming all over and the only thing that seemed to work was ativan. Also, when my daughter was in the hospital with her sleeve, the nurse gave her ativan and said it would help with the stomach spasms and nausea. Once she was home she was complaining about gas and I suggested that maybe it was her stomach cramping and when she took the ativan she said that the gas feeling went away.

The surgeon's office just called to check on me. I asked about doubling the omeprazole if needed and they said no problem. I didn't ask about mixing but, I don't plan on mixing.

Oh my poor friend I hope this passes soon. You sound like this is making you miserable. I think there is nothing worse to hurt and hurt really bad but have no clue as to what it is.....

Latest posts

Back