Constipated pre-op out of the ordinary

JKap19

Hi everyone. I started my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday. I was warned that liquid in = liquid out so I had been expecting diarrhea. Much to my surprise I'm actually constipated. I did not expect that one at all. I had my gallbladder out about 6 or 7 years ago and have not had one single instance of constipation since that time. This is so weird. Did this happen to anyone else?

there are your liquids. you don't have enough solids to move anything right now

You aren't eating enough solids to poop much of anything. Are you defining constipation as too big to pass (as I define it), or simply not pooping at all?

Too big to pass. I'm definitely pooping but it's hard and terribly difficult to get out. I also started my vitamin regimen too so I assume some of that might be contributing to it.

I had this problem for around 2 weeks after my surgery. MISERY. What finally made things better for me were 2 things: WALKING and FATS. I ate eggs, avocados, tuna with tons of mayo. There's some info on this site too about fat bombs used for constipation. I was a revision though, so my stomach was untouched, making it possible to eat those things at 2 weeks out. Hope you feel better soon!

Latest posts

Back