Considerations and complications

Kristaz

I am in the research and consideration phase... I had RNY about 11 years ago (age 19). At 30 I would like to think I am much wiser and my motivations more health minded. I received little to no education or support at the time of my RNY and have some complications along the way that I kind of dealt with because I didn't know any better. I have dealt with severe dumping syndrome and very very low iron regardless of what I do. I lost about 90 bounds initially but have gained back about 50-60. But the dumping is to the point it is just unbearable leading me to consider revision. I have consulted with Dr K and he agrees that a revision is necessary and DS is his recommendation. I k ow all cases are unique but would love some feed back and to hear of any issue complications that you have suffered. All othe comorbities are non existent now.

I had a distal RNY in 2000. In 18 months I lost 250 pounds. I had horrible dumping. About 5 years ago I started picking up weight. I regained 100 pounds which made me diabetic. So when I heard there was a Dr who can do something about it I jumped at the chance

I had a distal RNY in 2000. In 18 months I lost 250 pounds. I had horrible dumping. About 5 years ago I started picking up weight. I regained 100 pounds which made me diabetic. So when I heard there was a Dr who can do something about it I jumped at the chance
And how has it worked out for you? No more dumping? Any complications? Suggestions?

Once I got the DS the dumping ended. Except when you push anything going to you j tube to fast then you can dump.

Don't even ask about complications. I'm in the hospital right now going on 4 weeks. Anything that could go wrong with me. There are only a small number of people who had revisions from rny to ds.

But in my mind everything I went through has been worth it.

Last edited:
Once I got the DS the dumping ended. Except when you push anything going to you j tube to fast then you can dump.

Don't even ask about complications. I'm in the hospital right now going on 4 weeks. Anything that could go wrong with me. There are only a small number of people who had revisions from rny to ds.

But in mind everything I went through has been worth it.
Glad to hear you are happy and successful with it. Sorry about the complications... That is not good!

Latest posts

Back