Completely Confused and Not Sure What To Do

I'm so sorry that your situation is even worse than we knew. It does sound like at least there is still a plan for Dr. K to help you, though it will be more difficult than anticipated. Stay strong.

I'm glad you are in Dr. K's competent hands. I'm sorry it is not an easy fix, but if you're a difficult case, you need to be in the best hands - so glad to hear that you heard our recommendations. If he can't fix you, nobody can.

While you are preparing for surgery, take your results from Dr. K's scoping to an attorney - as I think we previously discussed, there are short statutes of limitations for malpractice in many states. In some states, the statute ridiculously starts from the date of the procedure/treatment, and not from the date of discovery of the malpractice, as it is in other states. The statute of limitations may be different if criminal medical battery is being charged - you need to speak to an expert in your jurisdiction (which is probably where the surgery was performed).

Definitely going to explore all my options at taking care of Mr. Houston.
If the statutes of limitations won't allow a malpractice suit, there are other ways to "take care" of Dr. Douchebag, er Houston. TN Board of Medical Examiners, HCA/TriStar board, CEO of Centennial, etc. I've never sued anyone, so my anecdotal advice is subject to skepticism... Suing a doctor can be a long process as well as mentally exhausting, financially challenging, and other hazards. IF you go that route, get support. The malpractice defense attorneys are going to use their vast knowledge and financial resources to wear you down, if not destroy you. AS much as I now dislike that worm, and would love to see him pay, I personally would be extremely cautious about how approach such a situation.

I am so sorry that the situation is worse than you thought, but Dr. K is amazing! I have all the confidence in the world in him! He really cares about his patients! Good Luck! I know he will help correct that butchers mistakes.

Latest posts

Back