Chicken Piccata (Plan ahead meal)

newanatomy

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-piccata-recipe2.html

Ingredients
Directions
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.

In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.

Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

I triple this recipe at least when I make it and I serve it over the cauliflower rice or some shirataki noodles w/ tofu.

I don't dredge my chicken in flour and I don't butterfly it because when I am finished cooking it I cut it into chunks and stir everything together casserole style so you can just dish up a few big spoonfuls for a serving. I also add about 1/2 cup of white wine to deglaze the pan and scrape all the browned bits of chicken and finish the sauce with some heavy cream to taste, usually about a cup.

To cook the chicken breast so they are not all dried out:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Heat a non stick sauté pan to hot, add chicken breast, cook to color to a deep golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes, turn over and cook opposite side for 2 minutes, place sauté pan in a pre heated 375 degree oven for 6 - 8 minutes or until the chicken feels firm in the thickest portion of the breast. Remove from the oven and chunk into bite sized pieces, mix with sauce, serve over "rice" or "noodles".

Latest posts

Back