Chevtow progress report

I hit 150#'s gone :) Only 17 more till I hit my major goal of reaching 300lbs. I was 469 when I started the pre-op liquid diet and 317 now. I'm about 5.5 months out.

Been lifting weights again and using bike/treadmill/elliptical 3-5x a week.

Started a size 4XL+ and am now in mostly 2XL. Waist was 56 now at 44 (Levi's jeans yippee).

My eating has been very good in my mind. I do add one piece of toast to my burger as a substitute bun and have occasionally had a few chips or PB eggs but overall very happy with how far I've come with food. I realize when I'm full and don't go past that point, even if it means spitting out the bite in my mouth when I suddenly feel full. I no longer feel bad about not finishing everything on my plate and have even started eating leftovers sometimes. My Diet Dew obsession is mostly gone - haven't had one in 3-4 days and don't miss it. Before the past week I'd have one a day and in the old days I'd drink 6+ a day.

Still doing good taking my vites. Only level concerning was the weird high Ferritin/Low iron number. Doc said to add more iron pills daily and we will re-check in a month to see if any effect, if not then we'll try injections.

Overall I'm very happy with my progress and very glad I took the plunge to have the DS. Any newbies scared it won't work, never fear :)

Very happy for you! Just keep on doing what you are doing.

Do you cook at home? If you do, try using a cast iron skillet for a tiny bit more iron. I suggest you get a used one at a garage sale or something like that!

I am so glad you are keeping up with your progress report! I love reading about how well you are doing. It's a pretty fun ride, isn't it?

I hit 150#'s gone :) Only 17 more till I hit my major goal of reaching 300lbs. I was 469 when I started the pre-op liquid diet and 317 now. I'm about 5.5 months out.

Been lifting weights again and using bike/treadmill/elliptical 3-5x a week.

Started a size 4XL+ and am now in mostly 2XL. Waist was 56 now at 44 (Levi's jeans yippee).

My eating has been very good in my mind. I do add one piece of toast to my burger as a substitute bun and have occasionally had a few chips or PB eggs but overall very happy with how far I've come with food. I realize when I'm full and don't go past that point, even if it means spitting out the bite in my mouth when I suddenly feel full. I no longer feel bad about not finishing everything on my plate and have even started eating leftovers sometimes. My Diet Dew obsession is mostly gone - haven't had one in 3-4 days and don't miss it. Before the past week I'd have one a day and in the old days I'd drink 6+ a day.

Still doing good taking my vites. Only level concerning was the weird high Ferritin/Low iron number. Doc said to add more iron pills daily and we will re-check in a month to see if any effect, if not then we'll try injections.

Overall I'm very happy with my progress and very glad I took the plunge to have the DS. Any newbies scared it won't work, never fear :)

There is a difference between iron injections and iron infusions. I'm vague on those differences at this point...I think the infusions are fare more effective and tend not to scar/stain the body. Other than that I don't remember. (But Diana has recently informed me that I'm taking drugs that seem to cause dementia...so I guess I don't have to remember.)

But make sure you have looked into both options.

Sue

I surpassed my major goal of 300lbs, I'm now down to 298 (I had a big smile when I saw that "2")
171 lbs lost and I'm no longer morbidly obese. Yippee. My next goal is 250 because I can't remember ever being at that weight.
I have now been tossing around the idea of trying "Couch to 5K", though I'm still being a bit cowardly LOL.
Seems like every time I go in the closet I take 5-10 more shirts and pants out because they are too baggy - such a crazy feeling.
Everyday it seems a few co-workers mention how great I'm doing, one guy now calls me Skinny Minnie, and another said they'll have to start calling me Russ Ti-less (my name is Russ Tilot) LOL thought that was creative. Even my sons' rugby teammates have noticed. Great feeling !!
Haven't had a Diet Dew in weeks now and haven't missed them, hopefully that continues.
Overall everything has been going freakishly well, which tends to make me nervous ;)

Latest posts

Back