CBOONE is doing good.

Charris

Now an angel
She had surgery yesterday. She's in a lot of pain. She up walking getting in and out of bed. She's wanting to go home or to the hotel already.
Surgery was ok she said Dr said she had a blockage and was filled with stool. So she is npo. Her and the Dr were surprised that when he actually got in she had a Bob, apparently when she had the revision they must have done it, she never knew.
Her mom is with her.

thanks for letting us know - hope she feels better soon.

she had a band over bypass and didn't know? !!

she had a band over bypass and didn't know?

Yes ma'am. She states it was never discussed and surgery report makes no mention of it. She had her 1st revision in Mexico.

@Charris are you saying that the band was placed during her first revision in Mexico? Because, if it was placed in the USA and she was never told about it, to my little mind (I'm not an attorney) that would be grounds for a lawsuit. If it was placed in Mexico I doubt there is any recourse.
No matter where it was placed, a lap band is totally useless if the patient doesn't get fills and unfills as needed. And of course, if you don't even know it's in there you aren't going to get it filled. But was she not even aware of the port? The port is placed in the subcutaneous tissue on the abdomen and can be felt (though you might have to poke a bit to feel it, depending on how thick the abdominal wall is).

I talked to get again today. She's miserable. States she's in a lot of pain. She hates the hospital, states that is run like a nursing home. She states that people are yelling and screaming. She is so upset at this point.

That sounds awful. Does she have a friend or relative on site to advocate for her?

Latest posts

Back